Engine Light for Engine Problems

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BiscuitTheCollie, Jun 16, 2019.

?

Would you like to see the Engine light come on problem?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. BiscuitTheCollie

BiscuitTheCollie
    Expand Collapse

I have just notice that the Engine light comes on only when the engine is dead. I want the developers to put the engine light on for the Head gasket, Piston Ring, and Connecting Rod Failure. Tell me if this is some this you'd like to see that.

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The thing is... IRL car won't nessecarly throw check engine light in case of a blown head gasket or bad piston rings. It will throw the oil pressure light if failures are severe enough to drop oil pressure, but oil pressure isn't simulated in game right now.
    Generally check engine light will come on if either one of the sensors breaks and stops responding or reads bad (most common case) or when the cat goes bad. I still haven't had a check engine light that would actually matter that much. I mean the car was even running on 3 cylinders and check engine didn't come on (car I'm talking about is a mk1 megane 1.4 e)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice