Engine is starved of oil

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crash.1340, May 22, 2019.

1. crash.1340

crash.1340
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing the game for a while and loving it, and while the engine simulations are great for the most part, I'm confused as to why I still get "Engine Starved of Oil" even after I shut the engine off. If I know a vehicle is going to flip over, I hit V and shut it off and still get that message.

Now I'm not sure how engines work where you guys are, but I know for a fact that oil pressure is not detrimental when the engine is off, nor will it burn any after submerging the cylinders.

Basically I'm just wondering if there is a way for that function to check if the engine is running first, and if it isn't, then the message won't be displayed and the little Engine block won't turn yellow on the damage app.

Just a thought, really.

2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

because a liquid obeys the laws of physics and seeps past the seals?

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I think the "engine starved of oil" shows up when the oil pump is not with enough oil. No idea if after flipping it right you wont have oil lack issues tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. crash.1340

crash.1340
    Expand Collapse

See that's all fine and dandy, but when the engine has been switched off and is no longer running, it doesn't matter. It's a nit pick because I understand a running engine without oil is bad, but a non-running engine without oil isn't an issue and won't cause any damage... Because it isn't running.
    --- Post updated ---
    I can understand sustaining damage after flipping it back over and starting it immediately, but when it's off and upside down it's just silly for that to come up and count as engine damage.

5. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

This is an issue within the vehicle damage app. Your engine will not damage if you turn it off when upside down and only thrn on after the vehicle on its wheels. But the app shows engine damage (brown color) anyways. This also happen to hydrolocking, Your engine is perfectly fine when you dry it up but the engine damage (brown color) doesn't go away

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I guess that condition does not have if condition for is engine running, which would resolve that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice