Engine/Future Update Ideas.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by LionsTheBoss, Sep 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

So, I was thinking "Why isn't there a huge Cummins or Powerstroke motor in Beamng?" then I looked around and found a few mods that are not the best... So I thought once again "What if they added in a new vehicle like a Jeep or something with a 5.7 litre Cummins engine with a huge turbo on it?". I was also thinking we need a rear engined Sports Car like a Porsche or something... Maybe they could add in something like a Supra and could have something like a 2JZ motor in it? Or a vehicle with a rotary engine in it with a custom sound that sound like a Wankel RX-7 rotary that would change the game in my opinion. Also maybe a sound for a Supercharger because the Turbocharger and the Supercharger share the same sound and that's not too accurate. I think there should be an optional tutorial on how to mod to bring in new people with newer ideas to make. That would be amazing!

I think there should be a new vehicle thats a small sports car that has a Rotary engine with a custom sound. I also think there needs to be a sound for a Supercharger and finally there needs to be more AI options because the Chase mode will Chase the given vehicle not slowing down until it rams into the other vehicle... There needs to be a more chill option that could simulate a Police officer or something it only chases if the given vehicle goes if a given speed.

2. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

SBR4

3. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

What I meant is something like the Porsche new design. Like a ETK S Series.

4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

The supercharger that has a "turbo" sound in BeamNG is a centrifugal supercharger (Look under the hood), wich is exactly the same as a turbo, except it's driven by a belt from the crankshaft instead of exhaust. It should sound the same, so the game is accurate in that sense.
    The other superchargers don't have sounds as of now but they will in the future, I'd love to see a supercharger whine for the Barstow, Moonhawk etc.

Also, listing off brand names in a suggestion thread won't help, as the devs cannot use real cars for legal reasons. Porsches, Supras, 2JZs etc. will never exist but there will be similar cars at some point in the game.

5. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

I am using those as a comparison I don't really want a Porsche I just want another rear engined sports car or a engine that goes up to 10,000k rpm and sounds like a nice rotary.

6. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Actually, the centrifugal supercharger should not have a BOV sound.

7. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

They should have a BOV though considering that when you let off the throttle at high rpms, the cent supercharger keeps spinning becuase of the RPM. This is not good because it forces extra air through the engine when it is not needed.

8. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

That's now how BOV sounds.

The supercharger does not keeps spinning because the crankshaft doesn't allows it to. That's why auto ignition with superchargers is much less common than with turbos.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

A blow off valve as stated in this http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/blow-off-valve-supercharger-217998/ forum and from my knowledge. Lets the pressure between the outlet of the compressor on the Cent Supercharger and the throttle body intake allowing it be taken out of the engine via the BOV to release extra boost that cant currently be used..
    this Video also shows that Centris do/can have BOV's

Correct me if im wrong, a centri is directly driven off the crank via a belt this means that unlike a turbo the boost is directly related to crank RPM so if you let off the throttle such as after a quarter mile run the boost has no way to get out of the engine unless it a) forces its way through it or b) goes backwards out of the supercharger (also not good). So the function of the BOV is the same as a normal turbo to stop the unneeded intake air going through the engine or back through the supercharger.

10. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. How weird, i didn't knew there were centris with BOVs. I dont think all of them has them tho.

Yes. superchargers are directly tied to the crank. That means that the moment you step off the throttle and the crank slows down the supercharger will too, which makes it near impossible for an auto-ignition to happen.

11. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

There was a mod that was supposed to do that. but the developer abandoned it

12. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I think this mod was named the ETK rsx or something like that. It was basically a porsche 959 and was made by the same guy that just made the ETK 4000/6000 series

13. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

You know what, what we need is a nice Mazda RX-7 remake with a GOOD custom Rotary sound. BRAAAAAAAAAAP Stu stu stu stu stu...

14. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

@TheRustyRagdoll wink wink. maybe this is something you could amke as one of your next projects. im sure someone will make a rotary model if there will be some epic sounds to go with it.

15. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

I would love to do that I just don't know how especially since there are no Youtube tutorials and I am not going to upload some ear cancer...
    --- Post updated ---
    Would you want to do a collab for a rotary engine with a custom sound? I bet we could make something actually good and set the standard and get the devs to delete the TERRIBLE sounds with 1000+ downloads made by 12 year olds off the Forum...

16. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Not sure why you inferred that i was capable of such things. I have never messed with the sound files in Beam although it sounds (pun) easy enough. I also have literally no experience with 3D modelling. i may be capable of making a cube but that is about it at the moment. I involved Rusty becuase i know that he is capable of making custom sounds and has proven that he is good at it with the sound packs that he has released.

17. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

Would you want to do a collab for a rotary engine with a custom sound? I bet we could make something actually good and put all those TERRIBLE sounds made by 12 year olds of th
    You can learn faster with two people plus I have experience with 3D modeling I could teach you and we could make a mod? Just trust me on this it would be good.
    --- Post updated ---
    Or we could just make a Rotary engine...

18. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Sure but we wont be able to get anything thing done until monday the 3rd when my school holidays start here in Australia. Now if you want to reply start a conversation. Both you and I have blocked up this thread enough.

19. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

I love Rotary engines so, i'd love to do it.
    #ROTARYFTW

20. LionsTheBoss

LionsTheBoss
    Expand Collapse

Ok so we can do a three person collab. Sounds good, I think Rusty knows how to make sounds since he has made a bunch of them on the workshop.

#20 LionsTheBoss, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice