1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Edited car configuration high speed problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Can-06, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

So I'm making my own ETK I Series configuration and it's fast (a lot), when I test it the car turns itself left or right (this is what "understeering/oversteering" called?) without pressing A or D on keyboard. Also it's AWD, how can I fix it?

#1 Can-06, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

This is not understeer or oversteer. This is not tracking straight which is often caused by suspension/steering misalignment or weight misbalance.
    --- Post updated ---
    Understeer instead refers to when trying to corner, your front wheels losing traction and the car not turning. Oversteer is the opposite when the rear wheels lose traction and the car rotates too far. Try and corner at speed in a covet and you will understeer. Take a corner in the bolide and have the back end spin out and you've oversteered.

3. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

I tried to stiffen front and rear suspension and that didn't work, is it about race steering or something else?

Also thanks for the info.

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

If it's a custom car we can't fix it, it's your jbeam, I've given you all the points to look at

5. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

It's a ETK I Series, it wouldn't be my jbeam unless if it was a real-life car.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Then why not tell us that in the first place rather than saying you're making your own car which implies custom vehicle custom jbeam. Much more useful to know you're only making a config for the I series. Sure you ain't adjusted suspension alignment wrong?

7. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, my bad. I didn't think that there would be a misunderstanding. Fixed the title and post.

Actually, I tried to adjust front toe, which fixed it a bit (front wheels looks weird though). Then I put it race tires and it's still same.

8. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Just bumping but no one knows about the problem?

9. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

What have you changed in the tuning menu?

10. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Turbo pressure, gear ratios, suspension stiffness and height, tire pressure, differentials... That's everything I guess.

Only a big spoiler like Nomi GTR-X solves this problem, I also think it's about toe settings, but negative and positive setups makes it look stupid.

#10 Can-06, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  11. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Well, try to change again everything you have changed in the suspension one by one to see what can cause your car to turn a bit to right or the left.
    If not have you put fat enough tires on it? Maybe to much power can caused it to "drift" with to thin wheels.

12. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

I tried the change suspension setting, it became unstable (weird jumping over), tires doesn't do much, I even tried drag tires but still same.

13. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Well reset the suspension and re-do it it again...

14. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

I had rally springs and changed them to race-spec ones, still nothing. I will try again next time.

15. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Does it only do this under power? Or above a certain speed?

16. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Mostly over 200 km/h speed, it's like front is heavier than whole car and pulls it left or right.

17. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

It actually sounds like it doesn't have enough downforce in the front. A good front splitter might help

18. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Brigsby front chin didn't work, I will try with 3000ix version later. (This one 2400ix with 3.0 liter Stage 3 turbo ETK engine.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice