Easier/More Simple Map Creation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by FaZe Booce, Apr 10, 2022.

1. FaZe Booce

FaZe Booce
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing Beamng since around 2015 and I have loved every single aspect of the game. Except for one... the World Editor. Every single time I have tried to take a crack at making a map or editing an already existing map it's always been such a hassle to export props, apply textures and create roads. There are barely any tutorials on YouTube about map creation, and while there have been many improvements to the editor itself it's still relatively complicated to use. Even as a veteran of the game I still struggle with it, so I can only imagine what goes through a new players head that wants to create a map.

Heres my suggestion: A whole new map creation system that allows players old and new to use it nearly effortlessly. From the main menu players get options to select the size of their maps, choice of region (desert, forest, plains, snow, dev grid), choice between flat ground or randomly generated terrain, choice of skybox etc. Players spawn into their selected custom terrain and are able to navigate through a more simple interface and have access to every prop, building, and prefab from every original Beamng map. Making roads with nodes but automatically having them textured by choice of the player and etched into the terrain instead of doing it manually.

Map creation as a whole would be much easier to learn with a new system like this implemented into the game, and it would bring the community much closer in the process :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice