WIP Dutch Roads map

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by POEPSNOL38, Oct 5, 2021.

1. POEPSNOL38

POEPSNOL38
    Expand Collapse

This is my first try at making anything for BeamNG.

Been really scratching my head over the last couple weeks to understand every tool in the BeamNG world editor. Not going great, still haven't figured out how to get collision on most of the models. And how to get decal roads to not glitch through each other, and a lot of other problems.

Used the height map from the "Hollandscheveld" mod for Farming Sim 2019. And started from scratch with the roads and everything else.
    This map is completely fictional and based on the province "Drenthe" and surrounding rural areas.
    If you drop the google maps guy anywhere in Drenthe, you're going to see something resembling this map.

I've been using a lot of user created assets that are publicly available to download. If anyone has more models and assets available, I can really use them for this map. I'm looking for things like dutch residential housing and farms, and some plants and foliage.

old1.jpg old2.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg

"Greetings from Schubbekutteveen"
    header.jpg

It's not even close to finished, just wanting to share the progress.

#1 POEPSNOL38, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 23
  2. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

Looks great for a start, definitely better than anything i've tried :)

3. Josh2305

Josh2305
    Expand Collapse

looks really good man cant wait to see more

4. TwoToneGuy

TwoToneGuy
    Expand Collapse

Amazing!, Cant wait to download it!

5. wessel4000

wessel4000
    Expand Collapse

Haha, de screenshots doen me enorm denken aan de CBR rijexamen fotos

6. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

lol, de naam oorsprongt uit de dikke van dale :cool:

omdat het in Drenthe ligt (wat niet bestaat) komen er dan ook nog hunnebedden ergens?

7. POEPSNOL38

POEPSNOL38
    Expand Collapse

NL- Belangrijke Update:
    Helaas is dit project verloren gegaan na een game crash tijdens het opslaan van de map, alle progressie weg.
    De complete "main" folder is verdwenen na de game crash. Dat betekent alle opgeslagen structuur van de map is weg.
    Ik heb alle assets en weg textures nog wel, dus die kan ik zo weer gebruiken voor iets nieuws. Maar aangezien deze complete map fictief was, is het best lastig om het nog na te maken. Ik heb alles uit de losse pols gemaakt, zonder planning etc. dus kan ik het niet zomaar opnieuw doen.
    Dat te hebben gezegd, ik wil wel weer opnieuw beginnen, maar het is best lastig om iets te maken wat echt voelt alsof het zou bestaan, en wat voor beamNG ook nog leuk is om veel te crashen etc.

ENG-Important Update:
    Unfortunately this project was lost in a game crash while saving the map. All the progress is gone.
    The complete "main" folder is gone after the game crash. This means that the whole file structure of the map is gone.
    I do still have all the used assets and road textures available, so i can use them in a new map. But because this map was fictional, it is pretty difficult to recreate.
    I made everything on the fly, I didn't plan anything about this map, so I can't simply re-make it.
    With that said, I want to make something new, but it's pretty difficult to create a map that really feels like it exists, and also having it be a fun place to drive and crash in BeamNG.

This is the last video I recorded from this map.

Note: All the roads are too wide. This was something i was planning to fix in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Lukas64 the dog

Lukas64 the dog
    Expand Collapse

its an good map (sadly not an germany map) but i think the signs are a little bit too big
    --- Post updated ---
    the streets are wide enough because trucks can drive on them better and drive well at speeds of 80km / h

9. JUGMBH

JUGMBH
    Expand Collapse

any progress?

10. sybro1995

sybro1995
    Expand Collapse

im excited to play this map im from the netherlkands as well so yeah finally some change but still waiting for this one

good job

11. TwoToneGuy

TwoToneGuy
    Expand Collapse

Im sorry, but this map is outdated. I think we wont see this anymore, so dont think it will ever be there

12. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Hi, and welcome to the forums. What you’ve done by posting your comment is called “bumping”, and it is replying to a thread that has not been active for quite a while with a message that has very little if any constructive purpose. It is generally not appreciated by the members of the forum, as it provides no value to a conversation or thread and it also displays the thread at the top of the section, leading users who’ve never seen this thread before to believe that it is an active thread and further clog up the forums. This behavior can be avoided by heeding the warning given in the big red warning message above the text box. Thanks, and have a nice day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice