Dummy in the.... on the....

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by Artistterrymartin, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Dummy In The Hall - YouTube
    upload_2021-10-17_23-8-2.png
    Cycles was taking a long time, but was able to get the picture frame to reflect him.
    Did not post that video only 3 sec.
    upload_2021-10-17_23-9-39.png

2. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

How did you get such realistic plastic textures in the render? Would be cool to have similar ones in game

• Like Like x 1
  4. Artistterrymartin

Artistterrymartin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks ! I did not do much, I think the use of an HDRI environment texture to light the dummy helps the most. I used the Eevee renderer in Blender. Here are the basic settings in the materials I adjusted. They mostly the specular and clearcoat seems to bring out that shine. upload_2021-10-19_9-57-28.png
    Turning them off it looks flat for sure. I know the PBR has clearcoat in there in the game and reflections and environment level should mimic the scene reflection for the level. Think PBR uses metallic for its reflections, I can only get 1.0 materials to give things a really shinny look with its reflective slot. I never messed with the Dummys textures in game. You may could get them looking as good in there.
    Turned off those for this shot.. upload_2021-10-19_10-2-52.png

5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Tested it, similar results are possible in game with these settings: PBR enabled, metallic factor 0, roughness factor 0.1, clear coat factor 1, clear coat roughness factor 0.9, no normal map, no AO map, recooked base color texture. Though it only looks this good on maps with very detailed cubemaps (which vanilla maps don't have for performance reasons I guess).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice