Expand Collapse

chainsaw submitted a new resource:

Driving Map - Highspeed road racing - A map all about various types of road

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

It's plenty of decal errors :( Is it usual?
    Cheers

3. chainsaw

chainsaw
    Expand Collapse

I haven't experienced any texture issues myself and by the sounds of things; neither has anyone else so I'm almost sure the error is on your end. Try deleting your catch and verifying integrity through Steam, if that fails, I'd suggest a fresh install of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JayBlazin454

JayBlazin454
    Expand Collapse

Here is how you add AI support:
    1. Open the Map Editor
    2. Click on "Decal Roads". When you click on this, you should be able to see all the roads you created while making the map ("Decal Roads")!
    3. Click on one of them.
    4. Scroll down and you will see an variable named "Drivability".
    -1=Totally unusable to the AI
    0.5= Dirt roads, Slippery terrain
    1=Paved roads, Fully usable to the AI.
    Your roads will probably have -1 by default, so remember when making a map with AI, tweak the drivability setting when working on roads!
    I should also note that the effect is not instantaneous. You will need to reload the map for it to work
    Hope this helps!

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Decal road errors may have been introduced with 0.7.x update as it changed how they are computed.
    Keeping your nodes evenly spaced through turns helps here to keep errors from happening.
    Your forest's brushes aren't properly pathed to the files it needs. You need to get notepad and bulk rename them! ManagedItemData.cs is where forest-paths are defined!
    Bulk-Rename path stuff like /East_Coast_USA/ to /yourmapname/ whatever that may be, in Notepad++ a free program.
    Backup your map before messing with the forest brush and delete any erroneous .forest files before working with it.
    Having more than one .forest can crash your map! Orange-no-texture errors mean you need to hunt around all the materials.cs in your forest structure and bulk-rename paths.
    Always use trailing and leading / on bulk-rename stuff, otherwise you could get things messed up in your map (use trailing and leading / on both fields of the replacer!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice