WIP Beta released Driven To Destruction: Mankato V1.0.2

The Mankato track from Driven To Destruction

1. Darthbob555

Darthbob555
    Expand Collapse

Darthbob555 submitted a new resource:

Driven To Destruction: Mankato - The Mankato track from Driven To Destruction

Read more about this resource...

2. GTR2legend

GTR2legend
    Expand Collapse

hurray nostalgia time. also because some calls it driven to destruction. :cool:

3. Darthbob555

Darthbob555
    Expand Collapse

Completely know how you feel :). Not the most exact replica but mostly there.

4. GTR2legend

GTR2legend
    Expand Collapse

haven't tried yet as I'm away until Monday but will definitely try when I get back.

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

My maps have a transparent AI guide built into them under road textures, you could always use that to guide your AI, or use waypoints.
    Textures are everything. Just like painting your house is the cheapest way to increase value and appeal.

*ominous voice* PAINT YOUR HOUSE

No, really, but what you have here could be quite promising with enough time devoted to it. DO NOT RUSH :) -good luck!

6. Darthbob555

Darthbob555
    Expand Collapse

I've got an update pending that will allow for AI - I simply have invisible roads that that AI can path on. Thanks for the luck :)

7. Darthbob555

Darthbob555
    Expand Collapse

8. austint30

austint30
    Expand Collapse

This inspires me to try to remake Woodly, my favorite track in the game! Hopefully I could get this done because I find the map editing to be a bit difficult especially when trying to import my custom 3D models from Blender and have collisions.

What I recommend with your map is to use the built in terrain instead of using a mesh with a repeating texture. It makes it look really bland and fake. Also, please try to make models in something other than Sketchup. Sketchup is not a good 3D modeling program for games. I recommend learning Blender. Blender is much more powerful and can create much higher quality models. Blender also has texturing abilities leagues ahead of Sketchup.

#8 austint30, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice