Drifting Mount Glorious!

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by MiraTheKillaMTK, Apr 2, 2019.

1. MiraTheKillaMTK

MiraTheKillaMTK
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to drift all the mountain maps, if you have any recommendations let me know! Irohazaka is next up. Gonna be a few videos on that one because it's got two different sections. I apologize for the fuzziness in the video. Somehow, YouTube's compression isn't cooperating with my videos, that and I am still working out kinks in OBS. It's not really working well with beam for me on this course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Static elements can help with fuzzyness as then youtube compression adjusts so that smaller moving area gets then more bandwidth.

I'm using this kind of settings usually, different SSD from OS or game drive could work better, even fast HDD seem to work but recording on NVME drive if game is on same drive seem not to be quite so good, gets frame drops and those make youtube compress harder again which can make fuzzy video.
    upload_2019-4-2_15-21-46.png upload_2019-4-2_15-22-7.png

i7-6700 was bit slow, much better with 8700K or 8086K etc. fast gaming CPUs, despite using NVENC, some CPU power is required and core count is not helping.

3. MiraTheKillaMTK

MiraTheKillaMTK
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input! I can try those out. I have made some changes. I run an 8700k and 1080ti, but the 1080 was on a riser cable for vertical mount. I have now gotten rid of that an noticed some better performance. Ive also gone to CQP set to 18 and max quality. It's helped a good bit as well. I cant remember the previous settings I had. I have been boucing around all over the place and finally got it going way smoother. I have a new Run The Mountain video I will be uploading soon and I'll see how Youtube can handle this one. Especially before I up my next drifting video. I'll give your settings a trying out and see if they can improve any.

4. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Awsome, I drift in beamng too, one of my favourites is the fujigoko mountion or Automation test track mountain. Odd choice I know, but when you get the Automation mountain right it’s very cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice