Dragstrips? (Probably been suggested)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Barretted, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Barretted

Barretted
    Expand Collapse

Hey BeamNG community, I've been playing a lot of maps recently and I've realised that there are no Dragstrips in BeamNG. It seems odd to me that one of the easiest maps to create hasn't been well...created. I can assure you that there are probably several people like myself who love the aspect and sport of Drag Racing, but I do not possess the wizardy that is needed to create a BeamNG map. I'm sure someone with even basic knowledge of creating maps could possibly create this as it's not at all as complex and detailed as some amazing maps we see created by some very talented individuals.

If it were to be created, here would be the criteria:

- A basic map layout with two lanes
    - Basic granstands either side of the strip
    - A building before the strip where commentators/hosts would be, like this:

(imported from here)

- An off-road where the cars would return back to the starting line
    - Possibly even working lights that tell you when you're staged, then ready, then go

That's pretty much all there is at a Dragstrip, it's not a very complicated place. That's why I think it should be developed and implemented into BeamNG, because not only will it fit with the correct driving physics, but it will also make for some spectacular Drag Racing wrecks ;).

An overall look of the Dragstrip looks like this:

(imported from here)

What do you think? Should this be added? I think it would be a great addition. Also sorry for not using a template if there is one...

2. msurf15

msurf15
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure one is out there somewhere...

fairly easy to make :)

3. ErikSW

ErikSW
    Expand Collapse

Dkutch made a very good drag racing map, but it does not work well after the pre-race update I believe.

4. BlackVenom

BlackVenom
    Expand Collapse

I have a model of the base, garage, and track for one. Decided against using it and I haven't made any progress on it since. It's not as pretty or big as the ones in your pics. Doubt it'll be long before one shows up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice