Drag Scenario

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dagalufh, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Dagalufh

Dagalufh
    Expand Collapse

Hi

Just throwing this out there...

I don't have the knowledge at this time to learn how to do it myself...
    Is it possible to create a scenario like that of https://www.beamng.com/resources/demolition-derby-the-fair-grounds.1784/ but for Drag Racing instead.

I picture it something like this:
    - Load up the scenario (preferable for https://www.beamng.com/resources/drag-strip.2205/)
    - Select opponent (Perhaps a dropdown of all cars with "drag" in their names, or a full selection of cars.. Either works, but atleast drag cars)
    - Select your own car (same choices as above in a dropdown list)
    - Load the cars and execute the scenario in the same maner as "Airfield Showdown", make the AI go full throttle, manual gearbox for player etc.

So stripping it down:

A menu at launch of scenario like The Fair Grounds, two selectboxes, one for the opponent and one for your own car
    Load selected cars
    Have a race towards a checkpoint at the end of the drag strip like in Airfield Showdown.

I think that this should not be too hard to do since @bidwars has already created a menu of this sort and well, the Airfield Showdown already contains the parts needed for the race. Only needs to be moved to the Drag Strip map instead..

Thoughts on this?

// Daga

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

West Coast, USA (Map in development) has a drag strip, so I assume a drag scenario will be included.

3. Dagalufh

Dagalufh
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, i know it has a drag strip in the making.
    But my idea was for a current map and using a solution that did not seem all that difficult to implement. At first glance, it seems all puzzle pieces are there if @bidwars allows someone to utilize his menu system for a mod like this. Or if he would like to do it himself since he obviously is very good at modding. (this was not a request directed to him directly, but a general idea).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice