1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Downloading 0.4.0.6, will it over write current downloaded version?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by CreasingCurve, Dec 1, 2016.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    Title basically says it all but I am simply asking that if it opt into the 0.4.0.6 version from steam will it delete my current version of 0.7.0.2 and install 0.4?. Is there any way to simply download it separately (from steam) to make sure that it doesn't overwrite my documents folder or current game version.
    Also to those who may know, what is the download size of the 0.4.0.6 update as i have very little internet each month and would like to know how much it will use.

2. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Yes it will afaik. What i do to prevent it is just rename the current install folder to something like beamng.drive_NEWEST and then download old one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Ok then, when an update comes though how would I go about updating the current version without it redownloading the whole file.
    With the current install folder, do you mean the beamNG drive file in the steamapps common folder.

4. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Yes, in the steam apps folder. to update to newest version, quit steam(so as to not confuse it) and rename the old version to something like beamng.drive_OLD and remove the _NEWEST off the other one. it should then be back to normal. startup steam and you should be able to launch. if not try verifying game integrity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Thanks @Narwhal, if only i could rate your post awesome and informative.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

got it for you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice