1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Does the game support 43:18

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Randomgamer3210, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

I'm wondering if the game supports the 43:18 aspect ratio with a resolution of 3440x1440 on a single monitor. I could not find any place that says what resolution is supported by the game anywhere.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The game supports pretty much any resolution and aspect ratio you throw at it. The UI and Render will always adapt to display natively.

Said that, I do use a 3440x1440 monitor (by the way they are referred as 21:9 aspect ratios for simplicity, although that's not 100% accurate if you do the math), works like a charm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for the quick response. I think the search terms were why I could not find anything regarding that resolution. It's good to know that the game can run on any resolution.
    Thank you for your time again :)

4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I run at 5120 X 1440 with no issues just to give you an idea... the worst you will ever run into is that you might have to move some apps around on screen to see them a bit better... but that's about it really.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jimmeh2000

jimmeh2000
    Expand Collapse

its important to note that while the game runs, the menus will look horrible. I have 3 16 x 9 monitors and all the menus get stretched and look very low res, and often it makes them more difficult to navigate because the formatting doesn't adjust to the size. everything still works fine though.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The UI by default is limited at 1920x1080. Go above that resolution (any axis) and it will just scale up.
    You can disable that and let it render natively by going in Options > Graphics > UI Maximum Resolution and set it to Disabled
    It is not recommended to disable that if you run at very high resolution, as it can severely impact the UI performance.

(Here the UI is rendered at native resolution)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice