*DOES NOT APPLY TO GAME* GPU crashes on YouTube/what is happening?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Kitteh5, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

So, I have a BIG problem. If you do not know, I have a Sapphire R7 260X 2GB in my system. Just yesterday, the screen went black, a weird sound was played, and I then saw my mobo splash screen load. So, Windows crashes and fun. This only happens when I am on YouTube, for reasons of weird. Even gaming, it is fine. I think my GPU is crashing, but it is not overheating, I kept it at box OC speeds, and everything else seems good. Soluto gave me this in my email. crash.PNG I also noticed that the northbridge heatsink gets kinda hot between the GPU and the CPU, but just low load crashes my system? Can some of you guys help me? Specs in signature.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone help me? My dad is kinda getting mad about his new rig crashing.

2. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

Try disabling Aero and see if youtube videos still crash.

3. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well, I watch vids in fullscreen on 720p, so Aero might not be the cause, but I will try when my mom gets off my rig.

- - - Updated - - -

My dad, whose computer this is, says he needs more replies on the Aero disable "experiment". I know it might not help, although it might be a driver or something crashing, but yeah.

4. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

That crash screen looks like Windows 8, which doesn't have Aero... Have you done a complete un-intall and re-install of the video card drivers? How about different browsers?

5. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Soluto made that bluescreen picture, and I might reinstall the drivers and update them to 14.3. Maybe that might help, but I do not know.

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

if you look at his specs (which there is a link to in his sig) you'll see this:

816Yc.png

7. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

It sounds like a driver issue. Do a complete unistall and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

8. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Just installed Catalyst 14.3 Beta, and it seems like it was. It only crashed twice the lifetime of the computer.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like it happened 9 hours ago, which is at about 11 o' clock, in which I was at sleep, and so was my sister, although my mom or dad could have been on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice