Does anyone around here play minecraft? (Multiplayer)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Driv3r1142, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Was hesitating making this thread, given how the image of "immature" and minecraft go hand in hand nowadays... (Aswell as bad YouTube videos... but that'd make another thread.)

I've been considering either hosting a Minecraft server of my own, or finding one to join,
    and I want to ask if anyone around here plays Minecraft and would be interested in playing multiplayer.

Its been ages since I've played Minecraft with anyone, and I think it'd be fun to play with a few people from around here.

Anyone interested?

2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I used to play it all the time, and I was an admin on a fairly large private server (500+ members) and I've run quite a few off my local network with port forwarding, however it's been ages since I've even played it. Kinda got burnt out I guess.

3. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I play Minecraft a lot, I play on CreativeCraft.us, and on Hypixel mostly.

4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Might be something to look into again with some of the updates that have come out, but I get that its not very interesting sometimes nowdays, especially if you've played it for ages nonstop.

Hmm would you be interested in a small Multiplayer server given that I can get a decently sized group of players interested?

5. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Sure!

6. StinchinStein

StinchinStein
    Expand Collapse

I probably wouldn't mind hopping on here and there if I could ;)
    +1 Interested

7. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Yeah of course! Minecraft is an excellent game. If you need it with building or/and terra forming, I've been builder on many servers over the years.
    If you ignore the mostly crappy community Minecraft is an excellent relaxing and interesting game.
    Back in the days Minecraft had a reputation, don't forget that!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

With my meme of a video card, I get 170 FPS on modpacks. I just played today on Vanilla actually, on a server called Union Mc,even though it only has OP Prison and factions.

9. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I am going to start the process of setting it up... Granted its been awhile and I still need to see who else is going to be interested, I can use my time to tackle the learning curve and get it going.
    Today I have some things to do so possibly tomorrow I will have the server close to running.

10. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

I used to play MC but I don't have the full game lol

11. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Arrr #Piracy

:p

Anyways on the server... Will need to get the ports forwarded tonight but I can't open it until tomorrow.

I'm excited to see even this little bit of interest in a server! Looking forward to it :)

12. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

yeah I pirated the game because it's too much money for the full game

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

I played the game since its release and I'm still doing. I didn't open it for months now, I love to build solo cities and I have a progress atm that I've never finished and I don't know if I'm going to do so. I've never tried multiplayer because I don't have the full game, still I love Minecraft and I'm really looking forward to complete the city progress I'm making (Its the 4th major city with big buildings, The 3 other cities got deleted sadly). I left minecraft for some time for a good reason which is Terraria and cities skylines.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I still play minecraft, but keep it mostly a secret, since i dont like being linked to the people that play it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

still play it sometimes and would love to play on a server not filled with bratty 5 year olds

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I think you are immature because of your roblox avatar rather than because you play minecraft. There's nothing immature about minecraft other than the subjective community. It has always been a sandbox tool for people to be creative and the only downside is that it has become so big and full of content it can be somewhat overwhelming and complex compared to things like before notch left, or before the magic and horses, etc.

17. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

ROBLOX has always been a sandbox too, just unlike minecraft, you can't really pull out of the community and enjoy it alone, but hey, I'm not here to defend ROBLOX... There is a reason why I stopped creating stuff there; I got tired of the community. My thumbnail is a shot of one of my old creations.

Anyway....
    OT; I will be setting the server up tonight/tomorrow completely. Again as stated earlier in the thread I just need to port forward and that will get it so it can be joined by other users.

I will be messaging anyone who is interested when its up so I can give you the information you need to join, and also so I can get your MC username to white list those who are interested in joining the server.
    It won't be a 24 hour server, so keep that in mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Im interested.

19. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

Hypixel is my favorite server. I play bed wars, sky wars, and murder mystery. Mineplex is also my 2nd favorite.

20. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

I assume you mean on the computer, hah. I'd love to join you but:
    1- Some of my keyboard keys (the ones used in almost every word) don't function anymore. (I use an on-screen keyboard)
    2- Money! I wanna save up, but I want the game. But of course also due to reason 1 I hesitate to buy
    3- Pretty basic laptop. I'm not sure how it will take MC. It'll barely take Beam, ATS, etc.
    Just know that I'd be in it too if I could :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice