Does anybody know this bizzare PGA 370 CPU?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by cob4lt974, Jan 29, 2019.

1. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

I found this thing in a old computer that idk if its still alive or not, ive been searching around i cant find info about it, if you guys know what the hell the paleolitic CPU,please tell me(just in case if is was a rare sh1t)
    Important infos:
    -a chip mounted on top of it(i can clearly see balls mounted to it(BGA) im not sure about it)
    -when i shearced '133X5' around google,lot different results appear

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
    • image.jpg
    • image.jpg
  2. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

The 133 X 5 looks like it means it has an FSB speed of 133 MHz with a multiplier of 5 for a clock speed of about 665 MHz. VIA C3, or Intel Coppermine Pentium/Celeron seem to be the most likely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it was some kind of coppermine intels but the via c3 im not sure, the via seems had all things in one piece, that one was different as you can see in trind pict, look carefuly between the brown chip and the green big chip(or maybe somekind of adaptop or whatever, from unkown bga to PGA 370) or maybe its just a c3 without the cover,
    Im not sure at all

4. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

The one thing I can tell you for sure is that the CPU is definitely Coppermine era. If I had to guess, I'd think its a VIA C3. The reasoning for this is that it does not match images of any Intel CPUs from that time, plus clockspeed and socket.

Edit: After further looking into it, this looks like it might not even be a real CPU, but a dummy or knockoff. It looks like a Coppermine knockoff honestly. Why I think this is likely is that real CPUs pretty much always have a brand visible on the chip itself. This one does not. There are Chinese characters written on it, which seem to mean day and month based on context and some dictionary searching.

January 4th seems to be the date on it. Trying to figure out the year now.

#4 PriusRepellent, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. KeyRaider

KeyRaider
    Expand Collapse

Well I used to have that on my windows xp pc. And I kown its a old Intel Proccerssor I think Pentium

6. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

coppermine pentiums has such wide variants, countless.
    i miss these XP times, the most legendary wallpape ever, Bliss
    does your pentium looks like what i have?, do you remember what model is?

7. KeyRaider

KeyRaider
    Expand Collapse

It looks like mine. The model is from 1985. I wanted to make a cool gaming 2001 pc so I used old parts and in my grandpas pc running windows 95 It had the same porccesor. And I used it.
    --- Post updated ---
    And I think its bootleg or something. Mine has Japanese or Chinese text on it so I would say its a Japanese Or Chinise Ripoff

8. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

If you were to post a picture of it, I could tell you if it is Japanese or Chinese text on it as well as translate it. Even without knowing the source language, translation is possible if you have context and a dictionary.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

1985?

That was year when 386 came:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_80386

There is too many little components on backside of pins, but Cyrix MediaGX is quite close in some ways, however I would think that might be some rare bga version of some other CPU or just some Chinese copy.

Looks to me it is from January 2004 which is bit odd if it really is 667Mhz CPU, 2003 Dothan was 900Mhz minimum.

10. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

FINALY
    ive been taking off the 133x5 label, then i see this:
    inrestingly SL4JX is a mobile pentium 3,in multipe sites i found in most sites has PGA2 495, unlike mine's that has pga 370 and i found it in a PC. just what the Hell?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice