dirt cars and tracks

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by PapaArkachalaGM, May 8, 2017.

1. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

one thing I would love to see in this game either by a mod maker or the game is a dedicated dirt car, we have a few like the moonhawk configs that would be good for dirt racing, but what about some late models, outlaws, midgets, stuff like that. if made correctly, the bodies would be softer, since they are made of sheet metal, but the tube frame would be harder. so crashes would be great, on dirt a good sliding physic would be great. a few pics for example:
    upload_2017-5-7_22-8-55.jpeg
    A dirt late model

upload_2017-5-7_22-9-26.jpeg
    an asphalt oval car

legend modified

stuff like that would be great, all in one pack preferably, and then some proper dirt tracks, like eldora, gateway, stuff like that.

i know 0 about modding so i am of no help, but if you have any questions about the cars or tracks, pm me and i may be able to help.

thanks, Logan Madden
    Head Engineer/Driver
    FRC Team 6341

2. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

if anybody has any modding experience, i would love to hear any comments on this.

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I do agree that beam needs some dirt track oval stuff to make its way into this game but the problem is that modders, simply put, do what they feel like doing. Unless you plan on funding them or being able to help them in any sort of way there is not much that can be done.
    Some NASCAR projects have been started in the past but many died.
    There are some good dirt tracks in the land thread however you may have to go back a fair way to find some good ones. Try out uhlenkopher ring (not sure if spelt correctly) its not a dirt track like you described it's more of a mini rally dirt track. Its quite a good map and you dont need an epic pc to run it.

4. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

Ya I get that, I'm hoping that the devs will take a break from road cars and do a few race cars, or a modder finding inspiration

5. LucaBrasi

LucaBrasi
    Expand Collapse

Ive been wanting this for months, but it's apparent no modders are interested in dirt racing it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice