Different AI driving styles

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SuperRaptor, Mar 30, 2021.

1. SuperRaptor

SuperRaptor
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea for some AI to have different driving styles e.g normal chaotic (chaotic means reckless driving less likely to stop for anything and more crashes) and a few others

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

No, stop making suggestion threads, we JUST got a MASSIVE update! So be thankful!!

3. SuperRaptor

SuperRaptor
    Expand Collapse

ik that its just a idea i like to think about

4. freshmeat107

freshmeat107
    Expand Collapse

Imagine telling someone on the Ideas and Suggestions board to not share ideas and suggestions. I personally would like to see the driving A.I. fleshed out a bit more. One of my favorite things to do is to just load up a map and drive with a couple of A.I. driving around. I would personally like to see the A.I. vehicles spawn already at speed so I dont have to slam on the breaks when going 100 MPH because they spawned over a crest and are going 20 MPH in a 50 MPH zone and such. The A.I. trying to do a U-Turn in inappropriate spots annoys me as well. I would like to see an option to have A.I. cars be less CPU intensive by having them be far less complex in their physics and such, kind of like a lot of A.I. traffic in other driving games where they are simply driving around as a solid box. The only other suggestion I have is to make the spawning of the vehicles less predictable. When you set a cap of two or three A.I. cars, you quickly see the pattern of how they all spawn in at about the same time making it pretty easy to guess if there are going to be another vehicle coming up around a corner or not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's already kind of a thing, open the AI debug app and you can set the risk parameter and max speed or something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. IrisOfTheTouge

IrisOfTheTouge
    Expand Collapse

^This
    It took me a couple of hours of playing with the tool to get some desirable results, particularly at the Road Atlanta map, to get some good race AI going.

7. zigaliro

zigaliro
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately it doesn`t work with traffic mode. So the devs need to implement this sort of thing for traffic.

Edit: I found the traffic debug app which does let you set up top speed and it will make them faster a little but there is no risk parameter like it is in the normal ai debug app. Hopefully it gets added to the traffic debug app too.

#7 zigaliro, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice