WIP Beta released Desert Trails 0.2

Desert Trails from Rigs of Rods with a twist...

1. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm
    Expand Collapse

2. xXxdRAk3B0t77xXx

xXxdRAk3B0t77xXx
    Expand Collapse

This map has been really fun so far! It's Very FPS friendly, which is good - my computer is literally a birthday present from my Uncle :oops:! (I'm aware it's from RoR, but I barely knew what the difference between wheels and tires were when RoR was a thing!) :p One thing though - the skin is a little bright - I'd use a darker shade of blue.

3. 88c900t

88c900t
    Expand Collapse

OP-

First of all, great job on the map.

The Scenarios are fun, but something is bugging me to no end: I like to test a large variety of cars on different (especially durability and off road centered) scenarios. And all the way through checkpoint 26, the course is actually very doable in just about any car- albeit with terrain that tests the vehicle and my skills. But the extremely deep valley after # 27 which has a boulder strewn water crossing is impassible in anything without a lift and 33 inch tires. Without the boulders, it may be passable but the hills on each side are pretty much too steep for anything 2wd.
    I'm wondering if you would consider moving checkpoint # 27 back a bit which should make it possible to bypass the valley in a less capable vehicle.

Any feedback is appreciated, and I'd love to be able to finish the entire scenario like I can the first 2/3rds of the course.

4. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Nice! And... Is this the twist?

If you played RoR, you know what is blocked there. o_O

5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm
    Expand Collapse

Lol... Not quite... The RoR version does not have some of the BeamNG props/trees...

6. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

I like the garage in the spawn area

7. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

A part of this wooden ramp lacks textures (just informing you; even if you are not going to fix it, the map is great!).

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00018.png
  8. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm
    Expand Collapse

I should really have fixed that and finished this map before I started work on a new one...

Thanks for the bug report!

9. fionafhil 2

fionafhil 2
    Expand Collapse

This looks like a really cool map, (BTW the music you used in the trailer is really good)

10. fatfreeman

fatfreeman
    Expand Collapse

looks like the latest update broke your roamer. no driveline. cant move in secerio

11. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm
    Expand Collapse

Currently working on getting this map to use the updated file formats (on account of this using the 3 year old and now slightly broken format). Also I stumbled on a new blender plugin from RoR for importing (and exporting) mesh (ogre) files. Which in turn meant that converting a mesh from RoR to take a few minutes vs the old way with 3-5 different programs and multiple versions of blender and taking a few hours per model.

Anyways, here is a sneak peak of whats to come...
    upload_2019-7-28_1-1-3.png

• Like Like x 3
  12. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

This was one of my favorite Rigs of Rods maps, I had countless hours just exploring and testing out various vehicles and just having fun.
    It's nice to see you working on this version again :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Nice! You @RedRoosterFarm have rusted-out junkers in your map. I 'totally' need these for a junkyard in my city map. Will 100% give credit where due.
    Let me know if you'll have issue with me using these (and re-texturing a few of them). I will put you on the beta list.

15. BOY♂NEXT♂DOOR♂

BOY♂NEXT♂DOOR♂
    Expand Collapse

Aw man I think 0.30 broke the ground textures as the only pop in at close proximity to the camera :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice