Released Decorative UFO for a ... well ... decoration

Discussion in 'Props' started by fufsgfen, Jun 7, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is very simple decoration, not for crashing or driving! Only works in West Coast USA, but it is possible to make work with other maps too by copying files.

You can use this to have UFO for screenshots or have UFO sitting on the sky when you make a video, UFO does nothing, it just sits on the sky, you can't even crash to it (not tested, but in theory it might be possible to crash with visual collision)
    upload_2018-6-7_21-14-48.png upload_2018-6-7_21-15-7.png
    upload_2018-6-7_22-17-36.png
    Those who can use photoshop might be able to create much better scenes than I can.

Way to use is to extract zip to Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels it will make folder west_coast_usa\Art\Shapes\Ufo where it places two files, materials.cs and ufo.dae.

\\\\HOW TO USE////

Load West Coast Usa, then hit F11 for level editor
    F1 for Object editor
    From the right, choose Library and Meshes
    Navigate to Art/Shapes/Ufo
    upload_2018-6-7_21-22-27.png

Double click Ufo, then click ok/accept/yes if you get some form asking stuff
    upload_2018-6-7_21-24-9.png

Then just drag Ufo around and at the end press Play button from the top to start playing with Ufo on scene.

Do not save level, that means you have to place ufo again when you load level again, but at least it will not mess your WCUSA map that way.

Also remember you can scale UFO in editor, so you can make huge mothership or smaller scout vessel.

You can find DRIVABLE UFO from this link from now on as it makes more sense for it to be there:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/drivable-ufo.55264/

Have fun!

Attached Files:

#1 fufsgfen, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. maty

maty
    Expand Collapse

nice work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Thx! It is really very simple prop, but for a background item I doubt it needs to be very fancy.

This one has a jbeam, I did hang it with node grabber and well, it moves around, next I make collision surfaces, so that I can test effect of wind to ufo, hanging ufo with a string, little wind, little blur and we have faux ufo footage with realistic physics of BeamNG?
    upload_2018-6-7_23-45-14.png
    You know the legends how ufos show off impossible maneuvers etc, many films have been hoaxes and I believe for a videos etc. fake ufo is quite enough, we can suspend stuff from air via node grabber strings, so with very simple prop, at least in theory, it should be possible to create some cool footage. Sadly I can't make very cool footage, but some can.

I don't know, it is somehow quite pointless but at the same time cool thing :p

I guess this comes with 'strings' attached :D
    upload_2018-6-8_0-3-19.png
    --- Post updated ---

Jbeamed version that flies is now here:

And here is video of collision triangle equipped version, where we put theory into practice, you might wish to watch later part of video which shows ufo mesh moving around, at beginning part is showing only collision triangles and jbeam:

This one comes without strings attached, a real flying saucer:

Now there are electric motor and 4 thrusters to provide controls, wind app is what makes it go places.

Also camera, but what is the point when thing spins around, you get just sea sick...
    upload_2018-6-8_6-6-12.png

Two of the thruster controls swap every half turn as ufo spins, so you have to alter them with right timing to get ufo leveled as it wobbles and drifts a bit. Two keys to control up/down, also electric motor, same kind of controls as with large spinner.

So now it is air vehicle, new aircraft for the BeamNG!

Jbeamed version that flies is now here:

#3 fufsgfen, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice