1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

De badging [manufacture licensing question]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Raceboy77, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Raceboy77

Raceboy77
    Expand Collapse

I'm curious as to whether or not can you de badge a real life car and put it in game with out legal repercussions. So is this possible to do, Euro truck simulator did it in the early versions of the game and city car driving still does it today with new cars adding and updates. (and no i'm looking for licensed vehicles in BeamNG, just curious if its possible)

2. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

okay, so if you make that sorta mod and attempt to put it on the official repo, it will likely be quietly taken down. there is not much need to even debadge if you don't intend to post on the repo. An 'easy' workaround is to make a mod 'inspired' by or based on a real car. as long as it's a different enough name, and has the styling somewhat genericized, you should be golden to put it up on the repo. I don't think any of our mod communities has been sued over this, so you should be just fine. Heck, a ton of people on the fourms make irl car mods with the badging intact and post that in the fourms.

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I think it needs to be subtle differences if it's official. Wreckfest never offers the factory front grilles in anything I can think of and Spintires/Mudrunner only includes factory grilles if they have the license

4. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

I just thought of another workaround. make the car you want into a map. imagine driving around on and inside of a giant pickup truck

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice