Dangling side mirrors

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by A5R, Feb 15, 2017.

1. A5R

A5R
    Expand Collapse

I was looking back at some of the first beamng videos on cryengine and noticed that the side mirrors could dangle about without detaching from the vehicle.

Check out 1:45 on the linked video. I think the dangly side mirrors were cool and realistic. They were also detachable like they are now. I suppose it would be easy to implement?

While I'm at it i would also like to make another suggestion: detachable windscreens. It would solve the warping glass issue. Many mods already have them. These two suggestions are probably a breeze for the developers to implement.

I apologise for any mistakes since this is my first post although I've lurked here without an account since the creation of the forum.

Thanks.

2. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

it would be harder than you think. it would be alot of work nd development, glitches, and collision issues. although these ideas may seem cool, they would be alot moe complicated than you think...
    sorry.:(

3. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

How do you know? You're not part of the dev team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FireStriker

FireStriker
    Expand Collapse

You don't have to be a dev to figure out simple things..

5. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure you can already do that

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. A5R

A5R
    Expand Collapse

Well, considering they already had this in the first version I assumed it would be easy. I think it may have something to do with the parts detaching code of the side mirrors or something.
    --- Post updated ---
    Really? I have never seen it happen. Strange.

7. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

what? how do you even come up with these things?
    while the graphics engine has changed the physics engine is the same so it cant be harder to do than it was back then.
    for every single suggestion on this forum the answers are always the same. "its impossible" or "it would be way too much work" or the good old "it would make the game run like shit"
    which i can understand in many cases.
    but this is such a simple feature that there is no reason to believe it is more complicated than for example having a door or the hood pop open in crashes (which already happens).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Around 3:30, I get nicely vibrating mirror

I guess mirrors are kinda strong, but wouldn't want them fell off too easily either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice