1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

CVT problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Thug222, Jan 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Thug222

Thug222
    Expand Collapse

The sunburst's CVT transmission works incorrectly on the last update. That's it.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

In what way incorrectly?

Compared to real world Nissan CVT it does keep rpm too high, imo. However from your message I can't really tell is that what you refer to or if you have something else in mind. Can you post a video or describe bit more of what you find being incorrect?

3. Thug222

Thug222
    Expand Collapse

Because it revs too high. Even when you release the gas pedal after acceleration ,the rpm remain too high for a long time. This is not real. CVT trannys keep as low rpm as possible. The rpm depends on the gas pedal, the harder you push it higher rpm you get. When you release the accelerator, rpm drops as low as possible for better gas mileage. The way cvt works on the last update it should work in sport mode not regular drive mode. I have driven a lot of manual, automatics and cvts, I know what I'm talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that is what bothers me too with current CVT tuning, it acts like with sports mode and sports mode is perhaps bit too 'sporty'.

I have made different CVT tuning, you need to place it into documents\BeamNG.Drive\vehicles\sunburst folder, then when you open parts menu with ctrl-w in game, you can select different CVT model, might not be perfect, but maybe it is better, what do you think?

Inside file you will find these lines, adjusting numbers of them allows you to tune CVT to more your liking, after adjusting save file and hit ctrl-r ingame to reload vehicle:
    "aggressionSmoothingDown":1.2,
    "aggressionSmoothingUp":0.20,
    "cvtHighRPM":5600,
    "cvtLowRPM":1300,

Attached Files:

5. Thug222

Thug222
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man. I was about to tweak that cvt when I'm back home. I'm gonna try your tune then)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice