Unsolved Custom 3d model destroying vehicles

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by buzzinggamer, Jul 8, 2022.

1. buzzinggamer

buzzinggamer
    Expand Collapse

Im making a 3d home for a map and cant seem to stop the car from getting destroyed.

i found a forum from 3 years ago so i added a lot more to the under part to separate to help the nodes colliding or something but it still is happing.

ive had the flour small medium big . to see if the size matter but no matter what i do it still is happing.

If someone could help resolve this it would help because its driving me insane

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 65ca204c0dfe5b1e38dffc7450860565.jpg
    • 0ee7d09462d51262c89878e030bfcf4f.jpg
  2. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

I had this when I was messing around importing cars as objects. I suspect it is due to the nodes. Static objects, as far as I am aware, don't need or use nodes in the same way as the vehicles do. You need a properly defined collision mesh (ideally simpler than the visible one if this is complex).

Check this video out.

I found it useful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. buzzinggamer

buzzinggamer
    Expand Collapse

Na annoyingly still the same

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeGrape

JoeGrape
    Expand Collapse

Can you send an image of the Colmesh and its normals?

Things to consider for the Colmesh:
    • Normals facing outwards
    • Wider/thicker than 350
    • Flat uncomplicated geometry

• Like Like x 1
  5. buzzinggamer

buzzinggamer
    Expand Collapse

not 100% shore what im looking for XD - u mind sending some pic over so i know what im looking for please.

6. JoeGrape

JoeGrape
    Expand Collapse

Sure, I'm using Blender, so I can only speak from reference to that program.

First of all, the scene tree should have the following layout.
    upload_2022-7-11_0-50-3.png

base00 is the object as a whole and the items inside are the different 'data blocks' for the engine to understand (I assume you already know this as your object is showing up in-game).

Selecting Colmesh-1 and entering edit mode:
    upload_2022-7-11_0-51-37.png

3 things to notice:
    Large blocky shapes.
    Normals (blue line) facing outwards.
    No underside to the collision mesh makes it 'infinitely deep' when calculating collisions.

Sub 300units (measurement) means vehicles will get stuck inside and sometimes ignore collision. Think how skinny trees act in the game.

upload_2022-7-11_0-54-4.png

This UI in the top right is where you can display your normals.

The 2 overlaid circles will bring this drop down menu:
    upload_2022-7-11_0-55-23.png

Right at the bottom you'll see 'Normals' with options of how to display them, I use the third which displays normals from the face center.
    Inverted normals will absorb and 'munch' vehicles.

You can recalculate normals (in blender) by selecting all faces and using Shift + N.

Additionally: There is a chance you've duplicated some faces (or something to that effect) and you have normals conflicting (opposing each other) against each other which will do 'the munch'.
    Think of normals like a magnets poles (to a degree). Normals facing outwards repel, normals facing inwards attract.

If your model doesn't have a Colmesh-1, you'll be best creating one. Collisions can be calculated in 3 ways, bounding box, visible mesh, collision mesh.

• Like Like x 1
  7. buzzinggamer

buzzinggamer
    Expand Collapse

Am not getting everything u have lol - edited - lol never mind stupid me did not go in edit mode XD

#7 buzzinggamer, Jul 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice