creative writing question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Faction54, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Faction54

Faction54
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i'm writing a piece for a creative writing prize. I have a good story, about a man who delivers something and get attacked by supernatural spirits. The problem is, it needs to be linked to history in some way (place, person, event, thing).

The basic outline of the plot is that a cash-strapped man does a pay-as-you-act delivery job, running a material over a desolate track from one point to another. The one rule, though, is that you do not go at night, becuase evil things appear on the track. But, when he needs money, he does it at night, and... well, i wouldn't want to spoil it. (I might post the finished piece here)

So basically, I would like some guidance on how i can link this to history in any way. Does anyone know of a known situation where someone would be delivering something? The wreck of his truck/cart may be left on the hillside, does anyone know of a suitable wreck? If you can think of any other way, don't hesitate to write it down.

I don't belong to any other forums, so i could only really post it here...

2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the Supernatural demons could be the ghosts believed to be from the Gettysburg Battle Ground.

3. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Or any battle ground really. Deliveries happen all the time. Could be military intelligence or aid. Could be manufacturing related or food related. Depends on the locale you choose. Are we talking rural Africa or a modern city?

4. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Read the lines while writing the lines make sure it sounds like a normal person.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice