Crane help

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by sattarelle, Jan 26, 2021.

1. sattarelle

sattarelle
    Expand Collapse

let me start of by saying THIS IS NOT MY MOD. Just modifying it to my liking. The mod is the Man Palfinger Crane Truck. It has two front outriggers, which is what I'm after. I want to add two more in the rear. I have everything done expect a blender problem now. Let me explain. I copied the jbeam for just the crane on the truck, its split into several files. Opened BNeditor, moved everything where i wanted it, renamed all the nodes. so basicaly its all good. i have two cranes on my truck. well jbeams. i cannot get the second crane to show on the truck even tho in blender they both show up. I tried parenting and all that i cannot get both to show at the same time. If i hold cntrl and use node grabber in game i can see the crane is there just no textures. also if i make a blender file just for just the rear it shows up and functions fine, but then the front crane disapears. i can only see one at a time. Both jbeams are present, can only texture on one at a time. any help please? im just about finished up with this project and this is the only thing stopping me. also not reposting anywhere just for my satisfaction also tried using two .Dae files with the same outcome as one is always priority over the other. i can post whatever needed

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

First thing that comes to my mind is making sure you have different object names for your objects in Blender and corresponding to that your meshes should be named accordingly in the 'flexbodies' sections in the jbeam files. Forget also not to apply rotation location and scale (ctrl+ A) to your objects in the Blender file before exporting to .dae .

• Like Like x 1
  3. sattarelle

sattarelle
    Expand Collapse

20210126164430_1.jpg 20210126164424_1.jpg
    i always apply all transformations, but what you said with the names i believe i also did. so i took the original jbeam of what i wanted (mulitple files) and did it to all of them. so what i did is i deleted the first letter of each node, renaming all the nodes. then i renamed everything else. so if the original file name was palfinger_boom i renamed the modded file palfinger_rear_boom along with everything that corresponded. should i be posting some files? heres my example. *edit* so i renamed all the parts in blender for the rear crane only. When i created a duplicate of the crane it jusr added a number to the part. so its the same name just with a different number. I went ahead and added the name rear to everything and the textures went grayed out in game.
    --- Post updated ---
    well thanks to you i figured it out. it wasn't enough to just rename everything in blender to rear. i had to do that also change the numbers. as the original was example and example.001 the duplicated were example.002 and example.003. once i renamed everything rear i lost textures. when i renamed all the numbers to the original with also adding rear i got it to come up in game but just orange, saying missing textures. it was also not in the right spot. so i opened blender. i tried applying transformations and i couldn't to multi user. so i deleted front crane applied transformation on rear spawned front crane back in. now it was in the right spot but still orange. so i highlight both cranes, linked object material data and boom. both working cranes. just a little jbeam work now to do. i appreciate you dude. going on like 3 days trying to figure this out. also only have 3 days blender experience 20210126173055_1.jpg 20210126173052_1.jpg lol but you nailed it

Attached Files:

#3 sattarelle, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice