1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

CPU Cores usage not really balanced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jujudemetz, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Jujudemetz

Jujudemetz
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

I'd a I7-8700K at stock frequencies, and a GTX1080, 32Go DDR4 at 3000Mhz on Windows 10 x64 on nvme SSD.

BeamNG is up to date and I've near to 500 mods.

This screenshot was take on American Road map, with 6 AI cars, when I try to change some pieces on my car.

Fore made any change on my car, it soooo long (okay, I've 480 mods), but the SSD, RAM or extra CPU usage global are near to 0%.

I decide to look on all cores, and I found the core 3 is at 100%, only during the loading parts lists.

And with AI cars mod, sometimes all cars changes all seconds on the part selector, maybe that's why it is really long (and core 3 is at 95-100%).

How cores are allocated? Is it possible (like some games) to manually allocate more cores at specific usage?

Thanks

2. Nicholes Dorey

Nicholes Dorey
    Expand Collapse

the only thing I noticed is that if you have another app open that program using core 0 beam will go to the next core I think but dont quote me on thato_O

3. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Check these:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/multi-core-usage-qeustion.60016/
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/cpu-single-core-load-gets-bit-high-at-eca.56637/
    BeamNG is quite picky with CPUs. You need high single-core performance (which you CPU has) since BeamNG allocates one vehicle per core/thread (correct me if I'm wrong) and after a tot. vehicles the load is shared better.
    And for that, I think you can't allocate cores to a specific action, but take my words with a grain of salt, as we'd need someone more expert in these things or a developer directly.

4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG will typically use only one or two cores for the UI and graphics, and then put each vehicle on it's own core if possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice