1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

CP77's Removal from PS Store, and why it's important... (Yes, this has to do with BeamNG)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrwallace888, Dec 18, 2020.

1. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

As a lot of you may have heard, CyberPunk 2077 was likely one of the most hyped games of all time. They have been in development for seven whole years, similar to BeamNG, and after tons of delays, they still rushed the game and finally released it in early December.

Now... you may have also heard that the game buggy as hell and broken in many ways. This lead to tons of user outrage and the game was even removed from the PlayStation Store (with Sony offering full refunds).

What does this have to do with BeamNG.drive?

Because BeamNG.drive is a great example of a great community, and great developers.

BeamNG has been in development for... pshh... about eight years now, almost nine? This game is still Early Access. But what's so great about this, is that the game is still being polished with new content added, and has allowed us to play the game early for so many years. Not only this, but they've listened to the community, fixing bugs and adding some suggestions here and there as they have been developing the game.

The thing is that I'm thankful for the Beam developers. You guys have listened to us, and instead of rushing to release a half-ass unfinished game fully at an earlier date, you're taking your time with it, perfecting it, tweaking it, polishing it, doing what the community wants. And I thank you for that. I'm sure a lot of us would've been pretty disappointed if you, say, took the way it was back in 2013 and launched the game like that. And since it's early access, this means we can test your game without the need of having the game reach 1.0 when it's still ridiculously broken and need a shit-ton of patches post-launch.

Granted, there's still tons of stuff to be done with it, there's still things that need ironing out. But when you release new alpha updates, you release them in states where it's not ridiculously broken and half-finished. What's more, it doesn't take you your entire community fanbase to be pissed off for you to listen. You've listened to us as individuals. And it's especially something I'm happy for.

So thank you all for doing what've you been doing for eight years. Thank you for listening to our hearts, thank you for taking the time to handcraft things as perfect as you can, and thank you for not rushing things so quickly. We're all here for you as a community. I'm glad you've all worked on this for eight years. I guarantee the game wouldn't have been as amazing if you rushed it all within less than that. It means you guys really do care about your game, and it's especially so, considering that rather than just leaving everyone hanging after you've said nothing for a long, long time (like some games), you're constantly keeping us informed, showing us what's to come, giving us teasers, etc.

#1 mrwallace888, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice