WIP Beta released Cooler Oil Coolers for every car! 0.8

Oil lubrication is essential on an engine, keep the temperatures optimal!

1. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

MarkosRuiz submitted a new resource:

Realistic Street Oil Coolers for every car! - Oil lubrication is essential on an engine, keep the temperatures optimal!

Read more about this resource...

2. nick12345

nick12345
    Expand Collapse

I love the idea but this makes it so I have to remove the indestructible engine block which means I can't use alot of nitrous without exploding the engine

3. TurboTheSergal

TurboTheSergal
    Expand Collapse

that is the only reason why i am not downloading this.... :/

4. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean exacly with "I have to remove the indestructible engine block"?
    What does exactly happen if you don't remove it?

EDIT: I think you guys can't use my mod with that Indestructible Engine Block mod because it also uses the Additional Modification slot, right?

EDIT 2:
    Yeah I tried and it's because of that. I can't make it compatible with it because of how the Indestructible Engine Block mod is created, I tried and it crashed...

If the author of that mod changes it like how mine is created I can add an Extra Slot so you can use it.

Sorry!

#4 MarkosRuiz, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  5. CrazyFlySquid

CrazyFlySquid
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, would be nice if it worked but the only option was to make code for every mod that uses the slot and then have everyone conform to it (not happening), or I wouldn't be able to upload it to the repo.

6. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

That's the main problem xD I tried but nothing, do you know what I mean about the "Extra slot", btw?

7. User_118964

User_118964
    Expand Collapse

I'm keeping my review as it is. Not my fault your mod doesn't work out of the box (Or file)

8. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

First of all, do you know that ot has to be activated in the Additional Modification slot, right?
    Then, can you tell me wich game version do you have? Hsve you bought or downloaded the game? I'm not going to report you, just tell me.
    And finishing... Deactivate every single mod you have except mine and try if that works, if not, as last chance, clear caché. I'll re-download the mod and try again but I've told you, I've tested it and it worked fine.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Modslot is bit problematic sometimes, my mod uses it for turbo/supercharger dual charging setup, making it impossible for any other mod to be used at the same time, however it is only way to get supercharger and turbo both on same engine.

Might be useful if there would be many additional modslots that would be created on the fly if there is more than one part using such.

10. User_118964

User_118964
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I know it has to be activated, and when i do activate it, either it crashes, or the texture doesn't work, and it doesn't cool anything (Yes i own the game on steam so its the most up to date version, and yes i deactivated all my ods, verified files, etc)

I'm not trying to be rude, or even unfair but i'm not going to leave a 5-star review when something doesn't work.

#10 User_118964, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Don't see additional modification in Sunburst:
    upload_2018-1-22_22-45-26.png upload_2018-1-22_22-45-46.png

Ah, it was here:
    upload_2018-1-22_22-48-52.png

12. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I just gave it a good testing, with bumper support I got 118C as maximum. With same driving with Street oil cooler I got 96C as max.

I would say they work as intended, also ripped front bumper off in good BeamNG testing style and sure enough there was an oil cooler, so graphical side works as well, I don't see reason why not to give 5 stars to this mod :)

14. User_118964

User_118964
    Expand Collapse

Because its broken outside of the box, i've tryed all the debugging steps that i could think of. The review will stay until you fix it

15. MarkosRuiz

MarkosRuiz
    Expand Collapse

It's funny that you still saying the mod is not working and you're the only one that has an issue with it... If I was you, I'll take a serious look at th game first, then review...

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Why it is not broken for me then? I just downloaded from here, dragged zip to mods folder and learned to look from the right place for street oil cooler, it works.

Which car you are trying to add oil cooler? Maybe it is that specific car or model of car which does not work?

17. User_118964

User_118964
    Expand Collapse

I already said I tried every debugging step I could take, of course, i tried a diff car and model of car

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you could tell me which car, I could try it and see if there is something at miss?

19. User_118964

User_118964
    Expand Collapse

Every single car.

20. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Your game has been modded. Don't expect a mod to work out of the box when your game is broken af.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice