Complete a .CAR comp [ON HOLD]

Discussion in 'Automation' started by G-Farce, Mar 7, 2020.

1. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

WINNER OF
    BEST
    .CAR
    DESIGNER GOES TO:

_____________​

Round 1: https://www.beamng.com/threads/complete-a-car-comp-running.68739/page-2#post-1125699
    Round 2:

Hey guys. Welcome! What's this? I'm looking to fire up a silly little comp. It's a slow-paced casual and friendly competition! :) .. You're here because you've got questionable skills in that thing called Automation, maybe, there is high chance you're looking for something fresh to make? , to have fun and hone your skills correcting other people's mistakes?, interested? O-K den. I'll try to keep the intro short and chill, Listen up! ;) I got some cars for you that are for you to participate in the art of "polishing" a car. Which means to make it complete car. The idea is simple; To finish and improve what someone with a half-finished start started but couldn't finish, because it's easy to criticize another design but not take action! So man up and complete the .car! That's the goal . Also.... One thing... This is my first comp guys !!!!!, I'm pumped so I'll keep the rules relaxed..if you have ideas comment below for changing quick, i'ts a good idea...... Formatting & Rules: yeah:
    1. .car file is uploaded. You spend appx. 2+ hours in Automation to do whatever you need to change it to your style, you can change/delete fixtures, change color, wheels, swap engines, change chassis details, change names and anything from within Automation, some cars may not even need that much improving. No editing files outside of automation(only exception: you may change paint and materials/colors using text editing or your favourite photo editing programs to change the textures)
    2. the person who makes the best creation/improvement out of all this is crowned as Best .Car Designer, his or her name will be forever Enshrined at the very top of this post
    3. take 4 quality pics with the photo editor thing, export car to beam and send it all back to me. dms are open if you use the subject word "comp G" to avoid me ignoring your conversation or mistaking it for another. I will drive your car in Beam and also give you some small feedback, If I like, that's a bonus
    4. Bonus points for cars that fit more of these criteria: Fun to drive/experience, ~140-450hp, RWD, not semi slick tyres, decent engine sound. Good evolution of the original, MR or RR layout yield bonus bonus points
    Comment any questions, concerns, freely. Type "Yes G", if interested in joining this little comp! :)
    When tag changes from OPEN then the post will be reformatted, updated to reflect that, till then aint nothing set in stone

Scoring System, as of current (out of 10):
    Fun, looks, Automation score, bonus points(out of 17), completeness (out of 3. Where 1 is half done, 3 is polished and waxed)
    If you go over budget, your automation score will decrease
    Lastly, som ez math says the total points to be earned in this round: 50 POINTS :p

Update March 23:
    Each round may have multiple cars. Each car is out of 50 points for the entirety of the championship.

Not used for now:

Section 2 (Comp specific2: unique rules):
    If multiple .car files are supplied you can complete as many as you want to and submit all, each car submitted will give you upto 7 more points. For example. you fix all 3 .car files you can get upto 50 points for the 1st car, and upto 7points for the 2nd, upto 7 points for the third. Meaning you can get overall score of upto 64 points then! Scoring system scales up depending on number of .car files to fix in that round. Also, its a given but I'll say it anyways lol... you cannot have separate entries per .car file. For example, next round if the same .car file by some miracle shows up, you cannot complete it if you already have done it before, you will have to wait it out until a new .car file is uploaded. This system should allow users to catch up, given a fighting chance even near the middle of a championship. Supply and demand, democrqacy can change that again somewhat.

Rule idea, questions:
    allowed to correct cars and resubmission before deadline, multiple times.
    Allowed posting pics in thread to flaunt & taunt other users with your entry
    Allowed showing progress and using this thread as wip thread for your entry
    allowed soliciting advice for your comp car
    Allowed tangent chat
    allowed sharing of music tastes, lol

Seems like I'll be scoring in a spreadsheet so you can easily compare each other's ranking, but I've no clue if you can link pictures in it, see if it pans out

#1 G-Farce, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

Oh boy a thing that ive been waiting for.
    Just in case of musunderstanding:
    -do you provide the base car?(.car), or we should make from scracth
    -max production cost
    -if from scracth, what type and body style?
    -deadline??
    Just that.
    Yes.G :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Yes. Feedback! :) I'll try to answer you questions!
    • -do you provide the base car?(.car), or we should make from scracth
      • Currently, I provide all base cars, perhaps if you make one from scratch it has to be a similar body style within the same/similar decade. But you get a penalty for it being from scratch, $15k off budget(scales depending on max p. cost)
    • -max production cost
      • Undecided atm
    • -if from scracth, what type and body style?
      • Answered above :)
    • -deadline??
    • Undecided. Most people prefer a 1-2 week deadline I hear, lol

#3 G-Farce, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  4. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Awesome idea, I am in! :)
    Yes G

• Like Like x 1
  5. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

Yes G
    I am entirely new to automation since I started a month ago, but i racked up some downloads so I'm totally confident!
    I'm hyped for when you give us the .car file, I just hope it isn't the tesla roadster 2020 like body since I failed it many times.

#5 ViroGamer, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hubert2005 kam

hubert2005 kam
    Expand Collapse

could you make a hot hatch

7. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

But when will this start?

8. hubert2005 kam

hubert2005 kam
    Expand Collapse

here is my entry

Attached Files:

• HiResPhoto7.png
    • HiResPhoto6.png
    • HiResPhoto5.png
    • HiResPhoto8.png
    • Like Like x 1
  9. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

umm

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Alright, seems we're good to go. I'll post one or two .cars either tomorrow or day after so we can start! :)
    Each deadline will be 1-2weeks from start time (haven't figured out deadline yet). The cars will be scored before the following week ends, sometimes sooner. Though Deadline looks like it'll be a Friday, likely 20th March. Don't start making any cars yet, the files aren't uploaded yet, so nobody knows what they're working with! :p

#10 G-Farce, Mar 9, 2020
  11. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

when its started ,does it means thers no more entry?.
    and i think 3 days up to a week is enough for the deadline, but its up to you
    i think i asked too much,lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

I'm making cars so that I'm warmed up and prepared

• Like Like x 1
  13. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

That's a good question. Hmm, should I leave entries open till deadline? I think at the halfway point or when player count is completely saturated, then no more entries,since I'll be the one judging at the end of it all

lol ;)

14. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

another another question.
    is the .car file is halfway done,completed, or mixed?

15. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

It could be anything, some will have quite a bit of work done but perhaps horrid fixtures placement or aero, the engines will be there and complete but lacking charm, and often mod fixtures are used. That's all I can say right now!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

I cant wait...
    Time for preparing some stuff and the magic charm.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

Well, I can still view the car in automation if I don't have the mods, right? If not you can tell us the mods and we tell you the mods we use so that it doesn't disappear or anything
    Btw I just found out that my company name is Isuzu D-Max;)

#17 ViroGamer, Mar 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I use all the community rim packs. I use most of the mods that work in the latest version of Automation, not the beta. I've got all the headlight, taillight and wing/scoop/grille mods out there. You can tell what I use most by the cars i've uploaded on the repo
    If your game breaks with the .car file, let me know I'll have to go looking for the exact mod then. I doubt it will break, I thought the fixtures just won't load? lol

#18 G-Farce, Mar 9, 2020
  19. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Since we are free on our fixtures choose, I don't think the mods are a real problem. The only thing would be to stay away from the modes body types

@G-Farce, I have just 2 questions :
    • I have seen that you got us an engine with the base of the car. Did we have to use it, or are we free to use another one?
    • Can we do some small JBeam editing, like a better engine sound, or a better ESC? (If yes, I will share the file of the better ESC to anyone, just to be fair ;))

20. ViroGamer

ViroGamer
    Expand Collapse

I have a disadvantage then, I can't code

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice