Community content browser/installer (a la Overgrowth)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by LSDMT420, Oct 4, 2013.

1. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

So.. Another great indie game I play is Overgrowth, when you purchase that game you can also download what they call SumLauncher. Its a combined alpha updater, launcher with adjustable settings, news hub, and community content browser/installer/uninstaller. It's an extremely useful program and I would love to see a similar setup for BeamNG some day!;)

alpha update.PNG news.PNG settings.PNG

The content browser is really something I wish all games had. Installing mods in BeamNG is incredibly simple compared to most games, however people still manage to mess it, with a simple GUI like this all you have to do is click install and your done. It can also save a lot of time, instead of searching through the forums for released mods you could just open the program and check if anything new appeared.

comm 1.PNG Comm2.PNG

#1 LSDMT420, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

There arent that much mods out till now, but your suggestions seems very smart for the future.

3. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I know the Devs are still hard at work making the actual game right now, so something like this would naturally be a very low priority. Maybe after a beta release it would make more since to work on.

4. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

Yep, like i stated out, your suggestion is great when they reached beta or even Release Candidate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice