Solved Comics in campaign mode

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by The Gas Station, May 9, 2018.

1. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

How do they work?
    They seem to be divided into scenarios, then into individual "pages" for each comic. Then, each "page" has a folder, where something called an ATLAS file (?) sits, that file is readable in notepad, and some PNGs which clearly include parts of the comics, but are in no clear order. I have no clue as to how to reverse-engineer that and make my own. Am I missing the obvious? Or is there some external program?

2. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

The comics were formed using a combination of a digital painting program (probably Photoshop or Krita), and then put through a 2d animation program called Spine. The bad news is that Spine isn't free. The basic package is ~100 USD, and the professional version is a whopping $330. The good news is that the comics are exported into a user-readable text format and folder structure, so it's possible to make them through a text editor. It's not convenient, as it can be hard to guage positions and timing through only text, but it's possible.

ATLAS files define which elements the elements present in the comic, and the JSON file dictates how these elements are presented, oriented, scaled, and moved.

3. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

Sooo.... since I have no intent on buying a spline software for this, My only option is to make my own brain into a spline software.
    so Basicaly read through a bunch of ATLAS files until I get the way it works, copy the pre-existing JSON files and alter them, and make sure my drawings align with in-game comics so that positions would align.
    That's not the answer I was hoping to hear. Still, I declare this issue SOLVED.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice