Collaboration for Advanced Automotive Project

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by tommaso, Apr 27, 2015.

1. tommaso

tommaso
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys,

I'm part of a US automotive startup, and we are trying to do some first preliminary vehicle dynamics tests on the concept.

BeamNG seems really powerful but I need someone to help me import the vehicle model.

Obviously it will be a paid task,
    You can see the vehicle here in the dedicated website:
    next-future-mobility.com

Let me know,
    Thanks a lot
    T.

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wow that concept video looks absolutely amazing! Hopefully you can find someone for this!

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Oh oh oh, some Italian innovation in there too :D

I could give some help, not entirely sure about the actual vehicle physics.
    Drop me a Private message ;)

4. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

This would be amazing with the AI in the game that's being worked on. Looks like a great concept. Hope you can find someone to create a concept of it in-game.

5. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

So rev your engine in the car port with your headlights on

6. tommaso

tommaso
    Expand Collapse

Sure, that would be Amazing to implement the joining dynamics in game via AI. Very open to collaborators also on that task... ;-)

7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

let me guess, you googled "advanced vehicle physics simulator" or some combination of the words? This is def a great platform to test vehicle dynamics, as long as the vehicle physcis "skeleton" has all the correct weight and properties as their "real life" counterpart.

8. tommaso

tommaso
    Expand Collapse

I knew and played BeamNG even before, but few days ago I suddenly realized that simulating in BeamNG could be far more powerful and useful than doing it in Solidworks...

You're right, in fact at the moment I have all the weights and properties of the structure and every other parts, but in Solidworks...and I need to implement it in Jbeam

9. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

FYI, your video doesn't show up on an iPad. Someone mind tossing out a link?

Edit: The watch in HD link works.

10. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

For coarse structural analysis, BeamNG is quite good. However, the way things are simulated will give data that is too inaccurate to use as a solid basis for real world engineering. Jbeam can be considered a form of finite element analysis, but the current maximum beam resolution for a stable structure would be much, much lower than proper industry-grade software such as SolidWorks can offer. You can find accurate material properties and translate them into beam values, but the jbeam structure itself will react very differently when compared to a real-world object from factors like slightly wrong values even to the way you construct the physics skeleton.

I'm not putting BeamNG down in any way; I am a huge fan of the technology the devs are pushing, but for what you're doing, using Beam is like building a sandcastle with a JCB digger.

11. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

BeamNG has value as a simulation in that might help show the practical advantages or shortcomings of interacting with the vehicles in real time. By interacting with the vehicles in creative ways, people may find weaknesses or strengths, or help uncover new ideas about how the vehicle might be made to work. In the future, I think the AI and vehicle lua systems could make a good base for trying out ideas about scheduling and driving logic for these modular cars. The one thing missing may be that we don't have working bipeds to get in and out of them :)

12. tommaso

tommaso
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, I agree totally. I already did FEM simulations with Solidworks for the "hard engineering", but I need to see how it interacts in real time to have a better idea of the overall dynamic behavior, even if it will be not very accurate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice