CN-Spec Volkswagen Passat small overlap crash test

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by 我大爱V8, Dec 31, 2019.

1. 我大爱V8

我大爱V8
    Expand Collapse

The 2019 CN-Spec VW Passat had done poorly in a small overlap crash test.
    The structure of the car collapsed completely and dummy's head had contacted hard parts TWICE.
    This car is based on VW's latest MQB platform.However,the result is much worse than the previous PQ platform based Passat.
    Don't worry,friends from North America,the NA-Spec Passat won't perform this poor in IIHS's test.This test was conducted by CIASI,the standard of this crash is the same as IIHS's.
    Ironically,Volkswagen advertised their products as "safe cars" in China.Now this car is heavily criticized in China.
    Starting price for CN-Spec Passat is 184.9k RMB(About $26600),this car is only eqiupped with 4 airbags(2 front+2 side)and the lowest trim lacks AEB.
    For comparison,Toyota Camry and Toyota Avalon all performed well in this test.
    (Sorry for my bad English)
    ab560bb2430baf7d0e753bc1697ca31d_5e0170a4b7453.jpg cee2fd6c77bfd8bdd322b7372357f8bd_5e0170ac42452.jpg QW41MP_N5ZM0Y_3B7.png TIE2VNNEZ3YPL_W.png 4CHLVLF5OAK0UAPWUZGEW.png YXA7_MZG0_9N90ENAMT.png IPQ5EM2OBD8NFJA4B.png
    Video:http://ciasi.org.cn/Uploads/Download/2019-12-24/5e01692f73855.mp4

• Like Like x 1
  2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I would rather drive an 1983 SAIC VW Santana (B2).

3. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Jeez! With all of the new tech and chassis advancements we have today that a midsize sedan would be able to exceed a rating of poor.
    That's crazy.
    Here's a Regal, same sort of size car. Managed a Good in all classes (Couldn't find small overlap but it managed better in all classes than the Passat from what I see.)
    https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/buick/regal-4-door-sedan/2016

4. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Don't mind my mates over here, they're just looking for who asked

• Like Like x 2
  5. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Can you stop being so fucking passive agressive, just shut up for once jfc.
    Either that or contribute to the thread.

6. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

no

7. 我大爱V8

我大爱V8
    Expand Collapse

That's not because of"tech",the real reason is that SAIC-VW is not necessary to reinforce the chassis of the car because many Chinese people still buy the car even after they see the frightening result.This unsafe Passat is still the top selling midsize sedan in China this month.Why?Because they think that VW cars are"advanced" and "safe".What's more,it is more expensive than safe cars like a Camry.Many people are now criticizing VW on the Internet in China,and VW wants to delete these comments by giving money to social platforms.All we can do is to avoid buying a VW produced in China,what a pity......
    Oh,Nissan Altima also performed very good in the test,here the pic. 25547a4b16064b9253ae340a8785f8e7_5d79f1c9d382f.jpg F_ZZ7P0_2ROW1IFW5U1W.png

Attached Files:

• F_ZZ7P0_2ROW1IFW5U1W.png
  8. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You could kobe an Altima into a collapsing star and it'd come out with minor structural damage i swear.

9. 我大爱V8

我大爱V8
    Expand Collapse

Now many people are suggesting the institude to test more VWs......really funny
    --- Post updated ---
    Real accident pic from my friends a minute ago,that's the same Passat

Attached Files:

• DZABTRJQ5287VFV.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

>government allows massive companies to police themselves
    >massive companies do a terrible job so they can take the easy way and make more money
    >people perish because of poor frame structural integrity and slt
    >government's face when there's an actual outcry
    upload_2020-1-16_8-13-21.jpeg

11. 我大爱V8

我大爱V8
    Expand Collapse

True story:(It's great that now people are paying attention to it now,VW is not likely to gain any more popularity from young consumers,because most of them(including me)don't think VW cars are great,and become more shocked after seeing it's result.CN-Spec VWs all only get a poor or marginal in the same test,it means that VW is not going to correct its error and still continue to make money by deleting reinforcing parts and sell unsafe cars.(ONLY IN CHINA)And China is still it's NO.1 market.

12. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

China will literally buy anything remotely like a car I swear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice