1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Civetta Bolide

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Someone earlier pointed out that the Civetta looked a bit like the Fiero Turbo. I'm sure the Civetta will be way better. It's supposed to be a supercar, not a sports car like the Fiero. I can't wait for them to make a video with it! :cool:

2. HCFX2011

HCFX2011
    Expand Collapse

Yup, touchscreen. It was very crude and very simple. Like a CTR computer with a dot matrix operating system embedded in it....it was terrible but I'm sure it was all the rage in the 80's.

I've driven a Reatta.....i can guarantee that any suspicion you had about it being a "secretly nice" car can be quickly dismissed. It's pretty bad. haha. But I digress.

3. darknedfren

darknedfren
    Expand Collapse

80's european cars were the best cars in the world they had the best agility and a lower fuel consumption, but security... better don't talk about it... i hope civetta will be an awesome italian car!:cool:

238-RENAULT-5-alpine-turbo-4054.jpg
    Renault 5 Alpine Turbo
    i love that one!

#43 darknedfren, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  4. MM1998

MM1998
    Expand Collapse

JUST LIKE GTA!!!! SWEET!!!! lol

5. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Little update, got around to making some proper wheels for this thing. Also the whole car is about 50% UVed so I should be able to texture it soon.
    civettawheels.jpg

#45 gabester, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Awww the steel rims are gone! I hope that is a customization option. For some reason, this car looked so good with them! Anyway, looks great (as always) and I can't wait to see it in action!

7. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

Wow these look good
    gabester said that you can change between both types of wheels and that this game will have full customisation.

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Wow those are some nice wheels! I can't help but think it could do with differently sized tires front and back though. Maybe slightly smaller, narrower and slightly more low-profile tires on the front? I think a lot of 80's sportscars had that, like the older 911's had huge wide tires on the back and narrow ones on the front.

Really loving the wedge-shape the car has too. I wonder what the interior will be like... I think a Countach-based interior would suit it very well, have always liked the square dash panels in that... Definitely needs an aluminium H-shifter thingy :D

Also, does this have Lambo-doors? I'm guessing not because it's more based on old Ferrari's I think, but it would be neat. Probably a RoR/BeamNG first too...

#48 Mythbuster, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The wheels are the same diameter front and rear, but the front tires are about 30mm narrower I think.

I have some ideas for the interior, including a big aluminum gated 5-speed shifter.

Lambo doors? Nah, they're just regular hinged ones.

10. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

Marvellous car!

11. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I like the new wheels. They suit the shape of the car really well, ans as always they're modeled extremely cleanly. I'm interested in how the car looks with the bodywork gone. Any chance of showing off the pop-ups? or how well it crumples?

12. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Hey Gabester, I see some triangles on your Civetta's wire, you know that tris are very bad thing for game models. Now when reflections are added, is there any weird reflecting crap on the body shell of your Civetta?

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Actually models are always rendered with triangles in-game(Or at least I don't know any game engine which is able to render quads). In fact, even in modeling programs they're secretly rendered as triangles(they just don't show the edge in the wireframe). I think graphics cards aren't even able to render actual quad-polygons without secretly rendering 2 triangles. However for modeling and rendering, it's usually best to use quads instead of triangles where possible since it usually improves your shading(though you can usually fix any shading issues by improving edgeloops etcetera, which I'm sure Gabester does properly).

#53 Mythbuster, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  14. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know. But not in all cases tris are useful, even after triangulating everything, some times it gives some "BUGS" on reflecting surfaces, like on Burnside's doors and wheel arches.

15. D0ntstare

D0ntstare
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention, at some point all polygon models have to boil down to a triangle somewhere along the line :p as far as I am aware its not actually possible to have a model that does not have a triangle somewhere? although correct me if I am infact wrong.

Regards
    Bentley

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Reflections look fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with triangles in game models. High res subd models, on the other hand, have to be quads-only.

bolide_reflections.jpg

17. BabyFaceCat

BabyFaceCat
    Expand Collapse

Wow That looks great, I love seeing this game/engine grow and improve, and I cant wait to see that get crushed.

18. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

The reflections look great! Is the car in-game yet? Either way, it's looking really nice.

• Like Like x 1
  19. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Have you not read the thread or any of the blog entries about the car? It's been in-game for a while.

20. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I should worded that better. By "in game," I meant fully working, skinned, and complete. I already know that it was in the game, but I was wondering if it was complete (like how the D15 was). Never mind. :(

#60 Trykkestar, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice