Civetta Bolide engine overheating (you probably know about this, so just go to the end.)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by beamng.lover, Apr 14, 2017.

1. beamng.lover

beamng.lover
    Expand Collapse

If you don't know about the Civetta's engine overheating then you should do this.
    1. Load Grid, Small, Pure
    2. Load a Civetta Bolide in
    3. Start accelerating and don't stop. Towards 260 km/h the oil will overheat. Then, the connecting rod bearings should break, and eventually the acceleration will slowly go down before the engine completely turns off. The game will try to restart the engine but nothing happens.
    4. Stop the car.
    5. Hold V for a second to try to turn the car on.
    6. See what happens in the messages.

If you can't be asked to do that, basically this happens.

You hold V for a second.
    Engine block melted
    Cylinder walls melted
    Coolant overheating

Then the engine will start to emit smoke.

I bet a lot of you know about this, but that really isn't the point of this thread at all.
    I have a question about this.
    Can a car's engine block/cylinder walls melt from severe overheating? I know the car here is from the 1980's, but is it possible? I'm unsure if this works on the average Civetta, because I used a cabriolet version.

But yeah, is it possible to melt an engine block and the cylinder walls if the car overheats too badly? (whenever it's from.)

2. asf2424

asf2424
    Expand Collapse

yes, but the hardtop [official] version won't overheat until it reaches max speed for 3 miles

3. beamng.lover

beamng.lover
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it probably went for a few miles actually, it takes a while for it to overheat

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Black GT version overheats quite easily, I was driving at Tennessee map and could not get to top speed as I got overheat warning, I eased off and cruised something like 140-150mph, engine cools off and I get connecting rod bearing failure. Haven't tested better, but it is kind of Lamborghini, breaking down constantly.

5. beamng.lover

beamng.lover
    Expand Collapse

Cool, where can I get this Tennessee map?

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It has bit of bugs now in 0.9, but it kinda works, signs are big and easy to crash into, some textures show now as no textures, it worked fine with 0.8 though:
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/te...beta-5-real-terrain-8gb-system-ram-reqd.1586/

Update: Oh and that starting bug with overheating you mentioned in 1st post, I think it was fixed in game update that was just released.

7. beamng.lover

beamng.lover
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll check it out.
    --- Post updated ---
    oh cool. good to know

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Blocks will never melt from overheat, they'll mechanically fail far too soon for that considering you need over a thousand Celsius for that.

Gotta remember guys, different maps can also have a different temperature set which may also aid/complicate cooling

9. beamng.lover

beamng.lover
    Expand Collapse

Yea didn't think the melted engine made any sense, considering it's made out of metal. The map was Grid, Small, Pure

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice