Released Civetta Bolide Alitalia Group 4 Rally Car

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by RedBolide, Aug 26, 2013.

1. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

Credits
    Original Car: Gabester
    Skin, Material Editing: 0-60
    Logos/Designs: Rally sticker, all stripes, large "A" logo, "I" logo on rear, "Bolide" text logo: 0-60; other logos: corresponding companies/sponsors

I love racing the Civetta Bolide, especially on some of the awesome rally maps from the community. Unfortunately, rallying a stock Bolide felt unnatural. I decided to make this Alitalia skin based on the famous Lancia Stratos HF Alitalia Rally car. Making the stripes continue across multiple panels took quite some time, especially near the back. I also tried to include as many sponsors from the original car as possible. The skin isn't perfect: there are some unusual texture glitches on the roof if you look from a certain angle, the green stripe near the rear is too wide (I made it follow the flow of the body rather than copy the proper width), and some of the logos are a bit off. However, I'm proud of this skin. It only works on maximum texture quality (otherwise, the stripes and logos look blurry and blocky). I usually do more than just skin cars. Typically, I try to upgrade performance to match the original stats. Unlike some people in the community, I absolutely love the way the Bolide handles and performs, so I decided to leave performance alone on this mod. Now that the Civetta Bolide has working headlights, I decided to release this mod. Click the link below to download the mod, and follow my directions. If you find any issues that haven't been addressed yet, please let me know. DO NOT RELEASE THIS MOD ON OTHER SITES. Have fun!

5zubBbG.jpg PmeeROO.jpg b8Kt61d.jpg 3DU0sJT.jpg 1LEBKFg.jpg FDqI7A3.jpg 2YUXlWZ.jpg
    1. Remove the original "super" file from the "vehicles" folder (don't worry, the new file contains a backup version of the original Civetta Bolide if you want to switch back).
    2. Unzip the archive and move the new "super" file into the "vehicles" folder. Note: do not rename the "super" file.
    3. Start the game and enjoy!

#1 RedBolide, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. Snibeti-Snab

Snibeti-Snab
    Expand Collapse

Wow this looks really good! :D

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

It sounds odd... but the Bolide does seem like the most appropriate car for Groub B style rally. I don't know enough to do it myself but a proper rally setup would be awesome for this car.

4. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

The car is actually quite sufficient for rally, and the resemblance to the Stratos is great! It would be cool to add the fog lights at the front, but it looks amazing currently. Also, I agree with you about the handling, you cant just gun the throttle and go flat-out around turns and say it has bad handling, also keyboard controls are much to blame for their inaccuracy.

5. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome! I can't wait for it to come out. After seeing this post, I tried out the Bolide on the rallycross track at the industrial site, and it's pretty good. My only suggestion is that you do slightly modify it to strengthen the front steering linkages. Currently, the Bolide's steering linkages break after slamming on the brakes while turning or landing a jump the wrong way.

6. Darkstar6677

Darkstar6677
    Expand Collapse

looks great. and the headlights on mine pop up.

7. ahockey2390

ahockey2390
    Expand Collapse

Any news on release?:)

8. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. I've been doing some slight modifications to the skin. It should be ready for release this afternoon.

9. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

Great work it suits the car :D shame about the mirrored image it been like that on every re texture mod unfortunately :(

10. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

I've got some good news and bad news. I finished the skin last night, and it's officially ready for release. Unfortunately, I'm having serious computer issues atm, and currently can't start my computer. Hopefully I can get the issues sorted out over the weekend. Sorry for the delays!

11. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

The car is officially released! Check the original post!

12. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Nice looking skin well done :)

13. BillehBobJoe

BillehBobJoe
    Expand Collapse

This looks absolutely Amazing...
    now all we need is someone to make the covet look like the Delta S4!
    (right?)

14. FastestClassic

FastestClassic
    Expand Collapse

Right. But first, someone needs to make a rally lightbar for it... ;)

15. BillehBobJoe

BillehBobJoe
    Expand Collapse

one bit at a time, i mean it'd just be an approximation like this...

16. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

It needs to be renamed, because when you update the game, the original "Super" folder replaces it.

17. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that issue. However (at least with my computer), if I rename the folder, the game just crashes when I try to spawn the car. Did it work for you?

18. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

My game crashes as well. I'm sure there's a way, but I can't find it.

19. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

What map is on the final pic on the right top row?

20. Dtmracer2000

Dtmracer2000
    Expand Collapse

Awesome skin. Looks great, but on when I try to drive it the steering jams and I'm not able to steer to the left. Hope someone can help because I would love to drive a little off road with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice