1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Chase AI Competence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Aug 21, 2021.

1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The chase AI (AI control app and radial menu) seems to be surprisingly competent as of the most recent hotfix. For the most part it is good at speed control through corners and can actually catch up to the player properly now (provided it has a car with acceptable performance), and when it catches up it can either shunt the player or, surprisingly enough, execute a PIT maneuver. I don't know when this changed, but it's really nice as of now, and I hope that it doesn't get broken and revert back to its old stupid self from before in a future update.

I don't really know why I feel obligated to post a thread about this, I guess I just want it to be said how much better it is now and I hope that it stays this competent in the future.

2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The AI is more competent than before, but
    This is coincidence. The Chase AI aims for the center of your vehicle, if your vehicle is very slow, they will rear end you. If your vehicle is only slightly ahead of them, they may aim towards your centerline, making it looks like a PIT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice