1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

changing wheels from other cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ADAM001, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Hi, can someone tell me how I can change wheels from one car to another? Example: the steelies from the van to the pickup

2. GeorgiaPeanuts

GeorgiaPeanuts
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried copy them and paste them in the other vehicle you want them on?

3. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Yes. I've copied the wheel files to the pickup file then opened the game and nothing. I tried the van steelies and the moon buggy wheels. I got nothing

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Currently the game only supports one mesh file per vehicle. If all you want is the performance of said wheels (doubtful), then you can get away with changing only the .jbeam files. If you want it to look like they do on the other car, that's a bit more complex. At the moment, the engine only supports loading of one mesh (.dae) file. What you'd have to do is open up both vehicles and copy the wheels off of one mesh to another in a modelling software, and then rearrange the wheels to fit the wheelbase of the new car, as well as change the .jbeam so it lines up proprly with the new wheelbase. (Changing the x y z position of nodes, what nodes get connected to on the chassis, etc.)
    To the best of my knowledge, this is what you'd have to do.

Probably best to just wait 'til multiple .dae support gets added, which has been on the to-do list for a while IIRC.

5. Matthew2992

Matthew2992
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to know how to get the van wheels onto the pickup aswell so I did a little tweaking and copied some lines from the van wheels and pasted them in the pickup wheel jbeam files, paste these files in: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG.drive-0.3\vehicles\pickup and when promped to overwrite, click yes.

Attached Files:

6. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Thanks :) I was really hating the stock wheels for the pick up. Is ther any chance you can tell me what lines you copied.

7. Matthew2992

Matthew2992
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I also thought that they looked a bit boring and all and here's the lines you copy:

Attached Files:

• Replace.PNG
  8. ADAM001

ADAM001
    Expand Collapse

Sweet thanks man worked well. This will come handy in the future. I tried doing the moon buggy wheels but the meshing wouldn't show up. Huge downer but just have to wait for addons I guess

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice