Unsolved Change mod file

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by The Gas Station, Oct 22, 2021.

1. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I recently went through a hard-drive swap (luckily I had everything backed up), as well as not playing Beam for at least two months. Today I re-installed Beamng on my new hard-drive, however, the mods folder is now in C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.23\mods rather than C:\Users\owner\Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods.
    Now, this is fine for playing community mods, however it seems that I can't create my own mods from that file. Either that, or I'm doing something else wrong.
    Anybody else encountered this? Has anything regarding the file structure changed recently that might cause the old way of doing things to stop working? And how can I change the file back to the old Documents location?

2. Blkfxx

Blkfxx
    Expand Collapse

Nothing wrong with the new folder path, so you must be doing something wrong. If they're your own mods, put them in mods/unpacked without being in a .zip so you can work on them.

Otherwise you can change the folder path with the launcher.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice