Cars Weight

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by hmR-, Apr 15, 2016.

1. hmR-

hmR-
    Expand Collapse

Hello there !
    I've been looking at some videos of BeamNGDrive and I saw that most of cars are too "light" to their chassis, this mean they are jumping as hell on common streets, like they were made by ''ping pong'' material. If they had a realistic size distribution this would make the gameplay way better.

2. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Well, I disagree with you, in that specific gif, the car has a roll cage, which significantly reinforces the roof and body in general, that's the whole purpose of a roll cage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

You're driving too fast. Roads have speed limits for a reason. And in the .gif, you have a roll cage on the car, which will support a huge amount of weight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

What you're seeing here is a combination of a very well build full roll cage in a light-weight car to begin with and, the main issue here, the fact that the dirt groundmodel essentially acts like greased concrete - it don't sink into the dirt at all, and none of the rollover force is absorbed by the ground.

Thus, I would agree that the gif provided does look unrealistic, but it's not the car, it's the groundmodel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Here's a quick test I did, I had the rally car and the standard version fall at the same height, you can see there's quite a difference. The gif you posted is a pretty normal, except that the dirt doesn't grab the car.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice