1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

cars keep getting stuck together even on light impacts.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by tyl3r99, Jan 2, 2016.

1. tyl3r99

tyl3r99
    Expand Collapse

ive noticed when playing scenarios like demo derby, if i tap someone lightly the cars get stuck together.

correct me if im wrong but shouldnt the cars weight and the power of the engine be able to easily pull the cars apart if they were fixed together by lets say a little bumper lol.

peoples opinions?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

The devs are working on it.

3. tyl3r99

tyl3r99
    Expand Collapse

so they aknowledge this particular issue then? are you a developer?

4. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Collision triangles are double sided, which means nodes can collide with the outside or the inside of these triangles. The outside is somewhat 'thicker' than the inside to reduce the likelihood of a node passing through the triangle and getting stuck, which is the issue you are describing. The developers are well aware of this issue and improvements are being made with each update to further refine how collisions are handled.

Developers have a unique title on the forums instead of BeamNG.Drive Tester. Developers also don't refer to themselves as "the devs" or "developers", but rather "we" or "the team". That would be like a chef saying about himself "the chef's knife skills are excellent" instead of "my knife skills are excellent". Common sense much?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leave Stayne

Leave Stayne
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad they are working on that. I'm new to BeamNG.drive but I did notice that the vehicles sticki together frequently, and the un-sticking should in some instances, just in my opinion, be easier to accomplish. But then again, I haven't tried purposely sticking/unsticking vehicles in real life, so what do I know about it? Just an observation, I suppose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice