Career mode ideas(running thread)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by PapaArkachalaGM, May 12, 2017.

1. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

Beamng

Honestly, I believe this is the direction the devs are going, but out of love for the game and would hate to see the game ruined, will outline how I think the career mode would work.

1. The values are the cost of the car:
    The values you see in the vehicle selection would most likely be the cost of the car, and a percentage of that would factor into the next part

Sales:
    There would be 3 places you can sell your car: dealer, junkyard, and part it out. Dealership would be cars with little to no damage, junkyard would be moderate to totaled cars, and parted out would be for anything on the car that's salvageable

Cars: you would be able to buy cars from the junkyard for cheap: and here is an example:
    You want to build a car to go drag racing, you can go to the junkyard and find a Barstow frame, no glass, engine, interior, suspension. This would be maybe 2-3k and would get transported to your shop. You can then drive to the parts store and buy an engine(each car could have multiple engines, say a Barstow could have all the way up to a v10 (since it has a massive engine bay) but a pigeon could fit much smaller) and then you buy the induction, from 2 barrel carb to stage 3 supercharger(if you can't tell, engines would be very modular, and you will truly build a car) and then buy suspension, interior, etc

How it works:
    You will have multiple series you can race in: starting to Sunday driving all the way up to Nascar and f1 and stuff like that, but keeping the thing above in play, if you wreck your car, you are going to need to build a new one, and you can also bring backups to the track

This is just a start and will update regularly, feel free to add anything you want

2. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

Repairs:
    say you are in a race and bump fenders with someone, it would probably cause a tire rub because the fender would get pushed in and cut the tire, i would like to see in the garage where the car is stationary, and You can pull fenders out or pull out dings and dents.

parts: engines would become very modular, if you can put a blower on a moon hawk, you can put a blower on a D-series pickup, considering they have the same motor. id also like to see the customization go as far as to be able to put say A t-series motor into the bed of a pickup (why? Idk but it would be cool) you could go to the junk yard and pull parts out of wrecked cars, so you could build a entire car out of junk yard parts, roadkill style.

just a update, even though chances are this will not be plausible because computers would kill themselves.

feel free to add anything below.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FireStriker

FireStriker
    Expand Collapse

Beamng mechanic simulator! xD

And maybe there is a certain city that you start in (say West coast USA) and you are stuck there unless you take a boat,plane,ect for a fee. You could drive around and if you speed,crash, ect the emergency vehicles will respond and you can get injured. (which means you can't work on your car for a certain amount of time)

4. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

yea, idk about injury and stuff though.
    a mix between this and cms15= hours of fun

5. FireStriker

FireStriker
    Expand Collapse

Another idea is that you start with a car that is a total piece of crap. (Say Ibishu covet beater) and you must do jobs like pizza delivery, mail, or anything that has to do with driving in order to get money.

6. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you have that and you then buy a junk yard chassis to build

7. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

Alternate modes:
    Another mode could be where you have unlimited money, this would come out say a month after the career gets released so people actually play the game,

It would be just like normal mode, but with unlimited money.

8. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

You could also take parts from junk yards and replace on your cars, say you pushed a fender in, you could find a fender in a junk yard

9. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Here's my idea for how the Career Mode could work:

Beginning: For a first car, you have the option of an Ibishu Pigeon Base or an Ibishu Covet Beater (or whatever other car you can purchase for $1000). You start off at whatever destination you choose, drive on some pre-made races to earn money and XP, and then pay a decent amount of money (around 600-900 dollars) to complete the Driver's Training campaign to progress to the next classes.

Licensing: In order to acquire the next class license, you need to complete certain challenges in cars of your current class with at least 85% of the points maximum. This could be anything from completing delivery challenges in a Class 3 D-Series to move up to Classes 4 and 5, winning races in a Class 9 Sunburst Race to get to Class 10, or even finishing some rock-crawling challenges in a Class 4 Hopper to get the Class 6 license. All of the challenges can be geared towards the individual car, or they can be something completely silly that the player's car won't do well in (in theory). Also, if you happen to cheat in races and/or challenges (like ramming, corner cutting, crashing into pedestrians or traffic, and damaging property), your license can be suspended or revoked and you will have to attempt to get the class license that you just lost all over again. The licensing order could be like this:

Class 1
    Classes 2 and 3
    Classes 4 and 5
    Class 6
    Class 7
    Class 8
    and so on..

I have Classes 2 and 3, and 4 and 5, in the same licenses because they aren't really all that different in terms of performance, so having them in the same licenses makes a lot of sense to me. (It also would allow for more varied beginning vehicles that people would settle into, and it would make for some somewhat better racing in my opinion.)

PI System: This is something that I roughly mentioned in my Small-To-Medium Suggestions for Current Vehicles Thread, and I'd like to expound upon that here:

Class 1: 50 to 125 PI
    Class 2: 126 to 200 PI
    Class 3: 201 to 275 PI
    Class 4: 276 to 350 PI
    Class 5: 351 to 425 PI
    Class 6: 426 to 500 PI
    Class 7: 501 to 575 PI
    Class 8: 576 to 650 PI
    Class 9: 651 to 700 PI
    Class 10: 701 to 750 PI
    Class 11: 751 to 800 PI
    Class 12: 801 to 850 PI
    Class 13: 851 to 900 PI
    Class 14: 901 to 950 PI
    Class 15: 951 to 999 PI

The reason why I tightened up Classes 9 to 15 is because I wanted to have some slightly better competition in the lower classes, where people would be free to do a lot of things, and then the higher classes could have some slightly better (in theory, at least) competition.

Competition Layouts: For this, I also have a lot of varied ideas. (Note: These are only ideas which I know aren't in the game.).

Switch-And-Flick: Basically, for each lap that you drive around a circuit (Hirochi would work VERY well for this), you have to drive on a different layout of the track. For example, everyone could drive around the Forgotten layout of Hirochi first, and then switch to Medium, Long, and Short over a four-lap race. (Tracks that could also work for this: the Industrial Racetrack, the Industrial Rallycross, the Industrial Drift Track, a few of the West Coast circuits, the East Coast Map, Utah, and the two Islands.)

Chicken: I don't think I have to explain this one.

Switch-The-Style: Similar to Switch-And-Flick, only that you have to change your driving style between drifting and normal racing each lap. (The two layouts of competition could be used together to create more challenge.)

Trailer Trashing: Take any car, hook it up to a trailer, and damage it as much as possible before the end of the race WITHOUT damaging your car. Whoever does the most damage to their trailer and the least damage to their vehicle wins.

Exploration: Explore as much of the map as possible in a certain amount of time before your opponents do.

Survive The Hunt: Inspired by FailRace's GTA 5 challenges of the same name. One person has to pick an under-Class-6, under-4,200-pound vehicle that they use to attempt to escape the hunters which can pick whatever car they like. Each person has to stay in their vehicles until the time is up.

Escape With The Crapbox: Similar to Survive The Hunt, with a twist. The hunted has to use an under-Class-3 car that is under 3,300 pounds and has a top speed of less than 120 mph.

Station to Station: Another idea similar to Survive The Hunt, only that the hunted has to go from station to station in a certain amount of time while escaping the hunters.

A Trio of Trouble: Combine three competition layouts (i.e. Chicken/Switch-And-Flick/Switch-The-Style) for more challenge to the players.

Barn Finds: This was suggested by Manfred in the post below, and I'd like to expound upon that:

In each map that is used in the Career Mode (except for something like Gridmap), there will be one barn find that you have to collect before moving on to the next level. These can be any car from 1995 and earlier, but primarily they will be cars that are over 40 years old. Why, some of the custom classics that we have in BeamNG already (i.e. Barstow Nightsnake, Moonhawk Elite Custom, Miramar and Burnside Custom) could be some of these cars. Here's an example of a list of the barn finds:

West Coast, USA: Gavril Bluebuck
    Utah: Burnside Special Lead Sled Custom
    East Coast, USA: Bruckell Moonhawk Elite Custom
    Hirochi Raceway(That's a map near East Coast, by the way): Gavril Barstow TrackSport
    Jungle Rock Island(Rumored to be near Japan/Philippines): Ibishu Miramar GTZ
    Italy: Civetta Bolide 390 GTR
    ETK Driver Experience Center: ETK I-Series 2400ti TTSport
    Derby Arenas: Possibly an old Grand Marshal derby custom
    Industrial Site: Gavril T-Series, perhaps?
    Small Island, USA: Ibishu Hopper Sport Special

Parts Swaps: Although this has been discussed many times before, here's my idea of how the engine swaps could work:

Engines: The Gavril 4.5L and 5.5L V8s (which are pretty much the equivalent of Ford modular motors/Chevrolet LS engines) could be swapped into any car that can take them (like the 200BX or the Barstow), and will be the stereotypical cheap engine swap. There also could be the following engines for the current BeamNG cars to take:

Barstow 4.8L, 5.8L, and 6.9L V8s for the Burnside, Moonhawk, and Bluebuck, with the 4.8 possibly being a engine that someone could stuff into the Miramar.

1988 Pessima and Sunburst 2.0L I4s for the Miramar, 1996 Pessima, ETK K/I/800, and possibly the LeGran.

ETK I-Series 2.4L and 3.0L I6s for the K/800, Hopper, Moonhawk, Barstow, Burnside, Bluebuck and (if it can fit) the 200BX.

Covet 1.5L I4s for the Miramar, 200BX, and Pessimas.

Miramar 1.6L and 1.9L I4s for the 200BX, Pessimas, LeGran, Burnside, Barstow(possibly), and ETK I-Series.

ETK K/800 2.0L I4s for the Pessimas, 200BX, Miramar, LeGran and Sunburst, and 3.0L I6s for the I-Series,
    Barstow, Moonhawk, Burnside, Bluebuck Grand Marshal, and Gavril D/H-Series.

SBR4 2.0L and 2.5L F4s for the 200BX, Miramar, Barstow, Moonhawk, Burnside, ETKs, and Bolide.

1996 Pessima 2.7L V6 (with a supercharger available) for the LeGran, 200BX, Miramar, 1988 Pessima, and possibly the Barstow.

That's all I can think of for now.

#9 DriftinCovet1987, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

When the Pigeon first came out, the plan was for it to be the "you are broke therefore this is your only choice" car. Since there have been useful configs added for it and the beater Covet, maybe the plan has changed. I am sure the Pigeon could be used for some fun missions which require a small car for narrow roads.

Something I would personally love to see in career mode is barn finds. I would love to drive around the Utah desert and stumble upon a restorable '53 Special for example... I can dream.

Some more parts swaps would also be awesome. The '53 Special got a "Barstow engine swap" a few updates ago, I would love the ability to actually swap parts from different cars in career mode and not just buy a "Barstow 423 engine" for the Burnside. The "Over the Horizon" post, K-series release post, and Hopper release post all mentioned that the devs want to have a lot of parts available. I really am looking foward to more official parts available.

#10 ManfredE3, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  11. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

heres how it should work:
    the devs who have actual long time expierence should decide how it works instead of random 12 year olds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Given what we've seen in the "Rocky Start" campaign, it seems very likely that we will begin career mode with the rusty D-series and whatever money we earn during the campaign.

Pedestrians and traffic have been discussed many times on the forums. We are unlikely to see traffic, and we will never have pedestrians in Beamng. Other than that, it sounds like a good idea to have consequences introduced in-game for reckless behaviour during challenges, provided that they are applied accurately.

Now that sounds interesting! That's definitely something I would like to see implemented moving forward, and would likely be rather easy to construct. That should make for challenging events that test the driving skills of players.

13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It's just a thread for ideas, we ain't saying how it should work. Never claimed to be telling the devs how to do their job, just saying what we personally think would be cool to see. It's an open thread on what in practice is an open forum. Sometimes it seems that of this forum is just wish list threads, no need to attack this one out of them all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

youre contributing to the forums' downhill. Your post was unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Oh. I thought that "A Rocky Start" was supposed to be a rough preview for what was going to come. Oh, well. I wouldn't mind starting off with a rusty D-Series, considering that that would be a nice car for a variety of tasks.

Alright, that makes sense considering the lag issues that we already are having in BeamNG.

Why thank you. I thought that Switch-And-Flick sounded terrible, to be honest, but when I come to think of how much fun people could have with that, it actually doesn't sound too bad.

16. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

but then everyone would wreck their one and only car in 5 minutes or less. because in beamng people drive like.......americans.
    blind-spots-blind-spots-everywhere-memenake-net-first-time-driving-25674891.png
    tumblr_inline_mven5yXUt31ra3qs31.gif

17. PapaArkachalaGM

PapaArkachalaGM
    Expand Collapse

Yea I would like to see the j beam stiffened a little bit and repairs be cheap

18. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I've said this many times before, but it's been awhile since I've brought it up. I'd love to see a player run used vehicle store. We could buy used cars, broken down cars, and even parts to use on our own cars. Say for example you destroy the front end on your covet. You could sell the rear suspension, bumper, hatch, etc to people who need those parts but don't want to pay top dollar for brand new parts from the Beamng store. You could buy cars with broken engines and put one of your own engines in there. You could buy tuned vehicles from players who put time into tuning their cars to get the best performance or fuel mileage.

Now that I think of it, an inventory system would be awesome. We could keep track of whole cars and car parts and use them in repairs or sell them.

Whatever the career system brings, I want it to be really in depth. Not a shallow one like a lot of other car games have.

19. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

brilliancy is key.

20. audi4141

audi4141
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys,
    first of absolutely love the game especially with the latest updates, car handling is so much better.:) thumbs up for the dev's and modding comm.
    But anyway, i'v been using my fantasy a lot lately and try to create a career in my head, so my career starts of with a dad and his 2 sons and an uncle, dad runs a car dealership and a garage, uncle runs a body shop al in one location,now his 2 sons want each a car to enter some races.so the next step i do is to strip cars bare leaving random body parts on the car, damage the body and a sober gray body color and place them in the world(like barnfinds).Dad goes looking for these cars and brings them back, uncle restores the body and dad puts the car back together.so you can restore cars for your dealership or for your sons to race. oh and the universe it al happens into is a bit like the first mad max movie if you know what i mean, the world is a bit rougher and you could run in to some trouble if your out on the road, other people might want what you have.
    Okay guys this is maybe to much fantasy to become reality but for me this would be the ideal direction for beam ng, CAR SALES,CAR RESORATION,TUNING and RACING, and maybe some more in depth focus on car maintenance, simply put combine beam ng with car machanic sim + decent body shop.
    Well thats my vision at least, don't know if it could be possible though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice