Solved Car won't drive with two "engines"?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by SebastianJDM, May 7, 2019.

1. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

edit: DISREGARD EVERYTHING. problem is solved.
    I'm currently in the process of creating a hybrid race car, based on the ETK K-Series. At the moment, I have the rear drive (3.5TDI) working, and the front drive (300kw motor) running, but not driving. The electric motor is driving the front differential, but will not move the car. Furthermore, installing the motor causes the car not to drive at all. The diesel engine runs but will not move in gear (it stalls) and the only way to keep it running without the clutch or neutral is to burn the clutch until it slips. Included below are a couple of screenshots; the first image shows that the game claims the electric motor is "undriven", while the second screenshot shows what happens when dropping the clutch at full throttle. Keep in mind that this all works fine without the electric motor attached to the car.
    Screenshot99.png
    Screenshot102.png
    don't mind the torque curve, it's not finished yet lol.

Also, stalling the diesel engine somehow stalls the electric motor as well (won't even rev), so I'm thinking maybe this just isn't possible in as simple of a way as I thought? I kind of assumed it would work, considering the eSBR has separate front and rear motors... And I'm fairly sure I saw a covet mod a while ago that used two gas engines at the same time.

edit: DISREGARD EVERYTHING. problem is solved.

#1 SebastianJDM, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice