Released Capsule 3.3

A capsule-shaped double-decker (and single-decker) bus

1. CYCJoseph

CYCJoseph
    Expand Collapse

This is the discussion thread for the Capsule mod.

Note
    • To use the hybrid variant, please make sure you have the Arcanox Core installed.
    • Before reporting any issue, please clear the cache as well as disable other mods (except for the required mod) and see if the issue persists.

Known issues (as of version 3.1)

• Since the 0.28 game update, the hybrid version may not work after spawning even with Arcanox Core installed. Reloading the bus (ctrl+R) should make it working again. (Should be fixed in version 3.1)
    • If the engine of the hybrid version is turned on using the V key, the engine will turn off again after releasing the key. Please use the engine start button on the control panel instead.

#1 CYCJoseph, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 29
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Some things I noticed that could be fixed:
    • Idk if it's just me or not but JATO rockets have no texture for me
    • The subframe of the front rear axle can break off quite easy, and that doesn't dislocate the axle but makes the suspension mounts and diff tilt, one side of the mounts then clips into the floor and the other goes down, which then makes the mounts drag on the floor, and it tilts more the longer you drive like this and eventually it lifts the whole rear somehow and you have no traction. And it can also break the driveshaft. I have no idea how this happens but it definitely shouldn't
    • There is some spiking in the front and rear on heavy crashes, behind access panels
    • Engine access panel Jbeam is kinda weird overall, kinda wobbly and sometimes doesn't seem to break off fully
    • Dummy textures seem a bit messed up, the colors and reflections are weird on them and there are random little black things all over
    • Dummies without seatbelts aren't too stable on seats and fall over too easy, I think the dummy Jbeam should be narrowed
    • Sometimes dummies can somehow fall off the bus THROUGH the walls, maybe some triangles are missing somewhere?
    • It would be cool if you could remove lower and upper dummies separately, ideally it would be the coolest if every single dummy could be individually removed. Or make a variant where around half of the seats have dummies at random. It just doesn't make sense for a bus to be either fully empty or fully stuffed with passengers like this, should be an option in between
    • Idk why there are seatbelts on by default when irl buses usually don't have seatbelts at all (at least in my city)
    • Maybe it would make more sense to merge both versions of the bus into 1 vehicle, as both have just a few configs and having everything in common folder slows down initial loading a bit like with the Kashira mod. Of course LHD and RHD parts wouldn't be interchangable on a set frame
    • The vehicle has no brand, it's just called "capsule", which is kinda weird, we don't know who produces these and it doesn't make much sense I think, would be cool if it had a brand
    But overall this is probably the best working bus mod we currently have (not counting the Gavril CB-40 as working), amazing job! I like that it's way safer in crashes than Wentward, which makes sense because it's more modern, and also it's amazing that you can add so many passengers without much lag! (There is still some lag and that's why I would like an option to have half of them.) The styling is amazing, the rear steering is really cool, most of the Jbeam is really well done (only the engine access panel is weird), it's a really high quality mod!

• Agree Agree x 24
  3. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Wentward or Doyler Capsule?

4. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

Awesome mod, finally something different than American Busses especially since you can use this as a coach, driving it thru Italy is a lot of fun, it just drives very nicely and likes sharp turns, it's insane how well it manouvers in very narrow streets like the Tokyo map. I like the modern design as well, looks like the Hong Kong busses.
    It's also nice to see powerglow getting some love, something the devs don't seem to do anymore.
    • the Jatos have no textures as well for me
    • removing the last axle and driving leads to massive artefacts and spikes
    • a lot of the glass especially in the upper level seems to be wobbely and likes to flex like thin metal sheets instead of being stable and then breaking
    • the roof seems to be very soft and getting stuck one side window deforms basically the whole bus, don't know exactly what's going on with it, but eg. hitting the rear of the high roof very hard will deform the front end as well, maybe that's caused by the weird glass behaviour
    • you don't look out of the driver window when turning around in the drivers cam, looking into the passenger area works, but that's only a minor inconvinience
    • it likes to spawn into walls when pressing insert, but I think that is a game issue
    Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Andryusha

Andryusha
    Expand Collapse

Maybe too big for the game to handle :)

6. Dark Krieger

Dark Krieger
    Expand Collapse

As I understand it, Capsule is a model, but I have a question, does this bus have a brand?

• Like Like x 2
  7. quinn williams

quinn williams
    Expand Collapse

Suggestion - add a hybrid version

• Like Like x 2
  8. Falloutguy99

Falloutguy99
    Expand Collapse

This bus is the best thing i've ever driven, 15min around the nurburgring!

• Like Like x 3
  9. grayer man

grayer man
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see skins this is one of if not the best mod ever all the details are incredible!

10. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

this thing is massive, and fun! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

It is hybrid I think

12. Falloutguy99

Falloutguy99
    Expand Collapse

I do have ONE suggestion though, A single-decker version

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SaffronMan

SaffronMan
    Expand Collapse

Suggestion - make a non double decker version of it called the "pill"

#13 SaffronMan, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 13
  14. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

Now it sounds like some medication but pretty cool idea lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sugata

Sugata
    Expand Collapse

this mod is awesome , the ride quality is perfect even in offroad and it made me wonder if you could make an amphibious variant like this one [ ].

16. Bauer33333

Bauer33333
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe a double decker would be very stable in water, probably constantly tipping over, but why not

17. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

Man, an insane config like that would be cool. But probably means reworking the entire thing. Lol

18. vlad.geana 2

vlad.geana 2
    Expand Collapse

As I said in the review, huge congrats on the mod! Dropping a masterpiece like this outta nowhere is what I'd love to see more of around here. As far as suggestions go, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the driveshaft seems to clip the floor at the very back of the cabin, right by the 4th door. I've also noticed the rear stairs are a bit too wobbly during regular driving.

I also really feel the need to thank you for all the small details you implemented throughout the bus - stuff like the instrument cluster shutting off along with the engine (and temp gauge turning from blue to purple at the right temp), the door sounds, the excellent (though lag-inducing) interior lighting and honestly the overall thought that went into the design of this thing. I've done quite a bit of bus driving on another sim and I'm therefore quite picky, but this really tingles my bus driving gland - heck, I'd even say it's better than the vanilla Wentward right now.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. askyour_dad

askyour_dad
    Expand Collapse

Just a suggestion, what about a single deck variant of the bus?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

that would look very cool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice