Cant see modded mesh in game

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by G-Farce, Feb 24, 2020.

1. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm working on a facelift mod, to see if I'm interested, I've edited the rear of the car and packaged it as the .dae format with the same name, renamed it to .DAE and popped it in my documents.
    Hoewever I don't see my edit in game. I've run into this issue before, can't remember what fixed it but i did previously get that other mesh to show up in game for a different mod. What could be the issue this time?

It's pretty frustrating to not know what it is thats not causing your file to load, and the game instead just loads the car as normal.

#1 G-Farce, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Is the facelifted part the same as the original one? That will cause a conflict.

Also, press the tilde (~) key to show the console & it should tell you what's the issue

• Like Like x 1
  3. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the reply to my post! Ok so I made the tailcone of the moonhawk one with my mesh so it should load right up because I pretty much replaced the mesh? I don't see how that would cause a conflict if its under the same name and the only mesh with that name in the .dae?

The console never helped me also because I wouldn't know what to look for... the red text?
    --- Post updated ---
    Update: I figured out. Thank whatever god thats out there. real or fake. I was using a moonhawk with the wrong chassis(my default car loaded the moonhawk config with a modded chassis/body?), or else it was a legacy moonhawk?
    It loads now after editing more parts and loading to check that method.

Also figured out the problem with my old mesh, basically When I had the game clear cache it deleted a truckload of files it shouldnt have (my old mesh wip files in the super vehicle folder. I'll be sure to never clear my cache again now to avoid this happening ever again) and i had used previous versions of it to replace instead of the mesh that had worked before. Still haven't found my most recent edit but I Fixed it somewhat:
    I am SO SO SO happy now its working again

Attached Files:

• g-farcebendermeshupload_2020-2-25_9-47-13.png
    #3 G-Farce, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

I learned my lesson too about clearing cache. First off I learned it's way less necessary then expected, mostly if something is
    'off' thru cache memory after changes are made it fixes itself if the game gets restarted one or two times. Then if it really is necessary
    I simple take the whole 'vehicles' folder out of the user folder and put it back in after clearing cache.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Neat. That's some good advice. Almost what I've done. Now the entire vehicles folder and anything personalised is copied to a directory outside of beamng, but I'll do what you're doing instead!
    Sometimes you gotta stop feeling n just accept the challenge of what is and attack with every method till you get something working. Or just take a break and come back to it, that's often the best way to avoid giving up entirely on it.

#5 G-Farce, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice