1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can't Save Maps

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by HockeySnipe16, Aug 16, 2015.

1. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

I recently decided to get into map making and it was fine until I tried to save it. It crashes the game no matter what I do. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a way do fix it?

I really wanted to make a map but I guess I can't. Please help! :(

2. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

I had a problem like this back in March. I started making my map. Imported the terrain, add a waterplane, add a scattersky, move the terrain where I want it, and save. Then crash.

If I remember correctly, there were no files being saved either. Although maybe they were hiding somewhere. You might find your files in Documents/BeamNG.drive/levels.

Then I decided, I might as well try doing some terrain painting before saving/crashing to see what it'll look like. Well, I guess I messed up some textures, because when I painted, it was VERY laggy, and the textures were just black. Certain textures on every map in the game were black as well. This discouraged me to play drive until the next update came out about a week later.

And the update solved the problem for some reason. (it was the update when the finished interior for the T-Series was released)

The broken textures were completely my fault from what I know.

Although it still really bothers me why my game kept crashing when I saved. I've seen one or two other people mentioning the same thing before. Seems to be a rare issue...

You ought to try deleting the cache, deleting and reinstalling the Documents/BeamNG.drive folder, or even reinstalling the whole game.

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice