Can I save a map state somehow?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by KilBoyPwrHd, Sep 12, 2019.

1. KilBoyPwrHd

KilBoyPwrHd
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is built in or needs to be modded in or even possible, basically i would like to load a map in game, Place some vehicle's and objects randomly across the map, then simply just save the state of the map so if i exit the game, then start it up again I can then somehow Load or recall that map state with all objects and vehicles I placed previously.

Is there any way of doing this?

2. boronat1

boronat1
    Expand Collapse

yes its possible, long time ago i did it accidentally messing up with the editor, its there somewhere you just save the scenario

3. KilBoyPwrHd

KilBoyPwrHd
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, Thx mate, not exactly what i was looking for but methinks this will work better.

4. KilBoyPwrHd

KilBoyPwrHd
    Expand Collapse

OK, i have managed to save a map into the game using another map as template, but not managing to place any vehicles onto the map and then save it with them all in place.

I might need to add, I don't want to create a scenario, its freeroam, i just want to save in 5 or 6 vehicles around the map, then open the map in free roam and go mess about with custom tuning on vehicles.

#4 KilBoyPwrHd, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  5. danielr

danielr
    Expand Collapse

It's possible, open the editor with F11 and file > save should save the current state with all spawned véhicles and/or props.

6. NuclearKnight

NuclearKnight
    Expand Collapse

Oops, didn't see this til after i made my thread with the same question.
    --- Post updated ---
    Aha figured it out! So, spawn your vehicles. Open f11 world editor. Make sure you're in object selection mode and select a vehicle. Scroll down on the right panel and make sure the "can be saved " option is on. Then, make a folder in the scene tab by clicking the folder icon to the right of the tab. Simply drag the vehicle icons into this folder and save!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Beware that doing this, you are essentially modifying the level itself.
    Every time you load that level, you will be also loading your modification.
    That can influence the correctly functionality of scenarios, as well cause problems when the game updates, as the game will still be loading your, outdated, modifications.

You can remove any modification you saved in the editor by going to your UserFolder/levels and deleting the folder corresponding to the level (UserFolder = Documents/BeamNG.drive by default)

• Like Like x 1
  8. NuclearKnight

NuclearKnight
    Expand Collapse

True, i probably should have mentioned that but i never really use scenarios too much thanks for the clarification though

9. NuclearKnight

NuclearKnight
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox, if you find the time to reply could you tell me whether or not there's a way i can disable the game rotating vehicles when they are loaded into the game? I'm adding destrictible bridges to east coast and whenever i save, leave, and join back; they're all rotated pointing the same direction

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice