1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can I rename buttons on a steering wheel in BeamNG.drive?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by matj1, Jul 22, 2023.

1. matj1

matj1
    Expand Collapse

I have a steering wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT), and its buttons are labelled “BUTTON0”–“BUTTON20” in the game. Can I change the labels to something more descriptive like “R2”, “L2”, “Start”, “Select”, “+”, “−”?

If I see a prompt to press BUTTON15, I don't know immediately what that means, and I must look for it. If the prompt was to press −, I would know immediately to press the button labelled “−”.

I imagine that I could set the labels to any text, but something premade would probably suffice.

2. SSRG

SSRG
    Expand Collapse

It is kind of annoying, the same on controller (except the joysticks). For me it even only shows the keybind for keyboard, so I just have to remember what I assigned where.

3. Nameless 4

Nameless 4
    Expand Collapse

You can even see the labels (and change them) in the windows registry, sadly the game does not use those.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice